Surat Thani Immigration ~ Extension of Non Immigrant "O" Visa

davehowden

Has anybody recently done an extension to their 12 month retirement "O" Visa in Surat Thani based on Income, as opposed to money in a Thai Bank account ?

Last time I did it in Chiang Mai a couple of years back and recall requirements as:

Residence Certificate.

Letter from my (British) Consulate stating my annual income, I forget if this had to translated into Thai.

Photo/ passport page copies and appropriate Thai Immigration form.

Any information regarding current (and possibly changed) requirements would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave

Residence certificate?? You will need proof of residence. Normally a rental agreement with copies of the owners house book and ID card attached is asked for. A recent report for Surat Thani stated that the owner must of reported your presence online which is unique to there.

No need to have the income letter translated. You can only get the letter by post from the embassy now. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

ubonjoe

Thanks for your reply, yes I was referring to a TM18 "Certificate of Residence Application" as they call it.

I was looking for actual recent experience of extension in Surat as requirements vary on a month to month and office to office basis.

The link to the British Embassy site is much appreciated.

The online process for reporting change of address at Surat did not work as at 6 June, but the immigration lady accepted transmitted photos of the various passport pages she was interested in.

The TM18 is not used to apply for the type of certificate of residence you are writing about. A certificate of residence is normally only used to get drivers licenses and etc.

Perhaps somebody from Surat Thaini will come along with more info.

Archived