One more?

Cletus

This is my first time in Thailand, been living here for two months.

I really like the country, enjoying my time here, most of the people I've met were friendly, some even lovable, girls are great, food is great, the weather, the scenery, the nature, mountains, hills, the sea, and Karma!

What I dislike is the plastic film when opening a bottle of water lol. And more seriously, I find it irritating they keep pushing you buying some more drinks when sitting in a bar. It happens to me almost everywhere I go, and I'm not speaking of lady bar only, also normal bar. When my bottle/glass looks almost empty, one or two staff members will ask one more? I find it very irritating, what the hell I don't drink like a pig and if I want more I'm going to ask by myself. Last time, in a normal live music bar where I often go, was having my drink and almost finished, two staff members came consecutively: one more? No thank you. No thank you. I was about to leave no need of more drinking. Then when paying: 110B, gave her 120B, and she "and 10B tip". Lol she tipped herself with my money.

Ah loving Thailand wink.png

Have fun guys!

Let's consider the alternatives.

No little plastic film on that unopened bottle of water means Somchai can recycle the bottle and caps and refill them from the hose out back. Is that what you want?

And if you finish your drink, you have to get your lard-ass of the chair and go to the bar and get them yourself. Is that more convenient than having someone ask you?

You can always say no to the 10 baht tip if you are that unhappy.

Edited by DLock

Staff are paid to "sell" beer, same anywhere in LOS....smile.png

And bars with music makes money by selling drinks not by playing music for free.

I think that is similar everywhere worldwide.