Dutch tourist drowns in Koh Samui's wasted water pond

webfact

Dutch tourist drowns in Koh Samui's wasted water pond
The Nation

KOH SAMUI: -- A Dutch tourist has drowned in a wastewater treatment pond on Koh Samui, police said. The body of David Houlihan was found in the pond Wednesday morning.

Houlihan drank with friends at a pub on Koh Samui's Bo Phut district Monday night and walked back to his hotel. He went missing since then. Police suspected he might accidentally fall into the pond while walking back to his hotel.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Dutch-tourist-drowns-in-Koh-Samuis-wasted-water-po-30264017.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-08

accidentally fall into the pond while walking back to his hotel??

Yeah right... All Dutch can swim even if they are drunk.

Btw it is not a common Dutch name. Are they sure the guy is Dutch?

My my my ... You DO know a lot about the Dutch.

Let's see, they ALL can swim when intoxicated.

And no one named "David Houlihan" can be Dutch.

Unlike you, i am not an absolute expert, but is there something about the Dutch that prohibit immigration to their country?

4 generations ago, my family moved from Germany to America. Help me here, do I have an American name, or a German name...?

Oh wait, could it be I have very German name, and lived in America?

Three postings to get to this tripe. What was the hold up?

accidentally fall into the pond while walking back to his hotel??

Yeah right... All Dutch can swim even if they are drunk.

Btw it is not a common Dutch name. Are they sure the guy is Dutch?

Probably never ever been anyone with Irish ancestry in the Netherlands, so he must be from somewhere else, huh?

BTW, ThailandGuy sounds rather local, are you Thai?

Irish backpacker David Houlihan (24) drowns in Thailand
David Kearns

A 24-YEAR-OLD Irishman has died in a suspected drowning accident in Thailand

The victim has been name locally as David Houlihan from Dungarvan in County Waterford.
It is understood the 24-year-old went missing on his way back to his hotel in Koh Samui on Monday night.

The island is a popular destination for Irish tourists, and its believed that Mr Houlihan was stopping over in South East Asia while making his way to Australia.

His two older brothers had flown out to Thailand to join the search for the missing Waterford man yesterday morning.
A keen GAA player, the 24-year-old was a well-known member of Dungarvan GAA.

"It’s a very sad day for the club," said Chairman Tony Ryan. "We were all heartbroken here."

"When we heard the news this morning we couldn’t believe it. There were some guys here who couldn’t go to work today when they got the news, others had to leave their jobs and go home. It hit them that hard. Everyone is in bits."

Posting on their Facebook page, Dungarvan GAA said it would be opening its clubhouse from 7.30pm onwards so “people could come together and support one another though this tough time”.

"Only last Friday he was playing a match with us and scored a point," Mr Ryan continued.

Full story: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-backpacker-david-houlihan-24-drowns-in-thailand-31362649.html

-- Independent 2015-07-09

" Police suspected he might accidentally fall into the pond while walking back to his hotel."

They would suspect that wouldn't they. It's easier. Do no investigative work and make out the paperwork - accidental death. End of story. Easy peasy. Only a foreigner anyway.

So was he Dutch or Irish?

You know, all farangs look like each other: white skin, red hair and big nose smile.png and Farangland is sooooo big! It starts left of Zabol and finishes a few kilometers before Yeongyang... ohmy.png

wink.png

To my knowledge, there are no talented detectives working on Samui, so the possibility of an investigation is nearly nil. It is far easier to rule it an accidental death. People fall into waste water ponds all the time. This guy deserves better than that.

To my knowledge, there are no talented detectives working on Samui.

Are we to infer from this statement...that there are talented detectives somewhere in Thailand?

I would guess they are working the case of the two farangs who committed suicide while boating...cutting each other's heads off...

I am still trying to imagine how that could have happened...but not the Thai police...it was easy for them....

To my knowledge, there are no talented detectives working on Samui.

Are we to infer from this statement...that there are talented detectives somewhere in Thailand?

I would guess they are working the case of the two farangs who committed suicide while boating...cutting each other's heads off...

I am still trying to imagine how that could have happened...but not the Thai police...it was easy for them....

..................."To my knowledge, there are no talented detectives working on Samui".......................

Guess what ? There are none on TVF either ! whistling.gif

A 24-year-old Irishman has died in what is thought to have been a drowning incident in Thailand.

The man has been named locally as David Houlihan from the Dungarvan area of Co Waterford.

The Department of Foreign Affairs is providing consular assistance to the family.

Mr Houlihan was an active member of Dungarvan GAA Club. This evening the chairman of the club described the 24-year-old as "one of the most popular men in the club and in the community".

R.I.P. Young Man.......

Archived