Nba In Bkk?

anais

I don't mind leaving a lot of things in America, but I can NOT live without my hoops. I have an NBA League Pass that allows me to see all the Bulls games and I really want to be able to keep up with the team. (Hellooo, Ben Wallace!) I'd buy a Slingbox and watch the games time-delayed via my Tivo but they aren't Mac compatible yet.

How do you NBA fans in Bangkok manage? Any suggestions?

After baseball and football are over, sometimes we get pretty good coverage of NBA games on UBC. Two years ago we go three to five games a week via Star Sports (with a Hong Kong Chinese chickee who had a bad lisp introducing the games and doing commentary at halftime that was absolutely hilarious).

Last year, however, UBC only carried one or two of those games a week (too many soccer matches to repeat for the third time to have time left to squeeze in NBA, you see). The other problem is that UBC schedules are utterly unreliable. You set your recorder for an announced game at 2am and then, when you look at the tape, it's a repeat of Austrlain lawn bowling from Perth.

Still, keep your fingers crossed that UBC will screw up this year and actually carry games again when they announce they will.

The 2006/07 regular season starts on Oct. 31. I think ESPN (Ch. 39 on UBC) has the bulk of the weekly NBA games here, both live and rebroadcast.

You can check the UBC schedules here http://www.ubctv.com/default.aspx? I find the on-line schedules for UBC are 100% reliable.

You can also Google "NBA Torrents" (same same for NFL Torrents). You could ask a friend to digitally record games and then transfer that AVI to you.

Any Slingbox solution would require that it (the Slingbox) be in the U.S.A.

No college hoops games are televised here on regular (UBC) cable TV.

Edited by lomatopo

....You can check the UBC schedules here http://www.ubctv.com/default.aspx? I find the on-line schedules for UBC are 100% reliable......

Oh, but were it so......

Those are always the schedules I check just to reconfirm game timings before I set my DVD recorder. Just a few days ago, however, I set my recorder according to those wonderful online schedules for one of the Sunday football games from the US that came in after midnight.

When I looked at the disk the next morning, however, what I had was a replay of a women's tennis match from Belgium until, abruptly, the tennis disappeared and all at once I was watching the Giants game halfway through the third quarter. What a bunch of fools.

Edited by OldAsiaHand

....You can check the UBC schedules here http://www.ubctv.com/default.aspx? I find the on-line schedules for UBC are 100% reliable......

Oh, but were it so......

Those are always the schedules I check just to reconfirm game timings before I set my DVD recorder. Just a few days ago, however, I set my recorder according to those wonderful online schedules for one of the Sunday football games from the US that came in after midnight.

When I looked at the disk the next morning, however, what I had was a replay of a women's tennis match from Belgium until, abruptly, the tennis disappeared and all at once I was watching the Giants game halfway through the third quarter. What a bunch of fools.

Again, I find the on-line schedule to be 100% accurate. Maybe your unit is defective, or is improperly programmed? Both Giants games (week 1 and week 2) were on here live, I watched them, so suspect operator error at your end?