Property power supply..

Why do the electrical company expect customers to pay for expansion of their service ?

My sister in law has a plot on the main road with electric poles running right past. However, apparently the electric supply stops 100m before her plot ! Not sure how as we are 1km down the road past her and we have power :)

They want 30k to bring their service to the front of the property and another 16k to supply 3 phase to the building...

Anyone got experience with this ? I believe the power company should be providing power supply past the property and customers should pay for connection only..

If there aren't wires already to your property, and you don't want to wait an indefinite time for someone else to pay for it first, yes, you have to pay.

The 2nd 16K Baht you mention is standard - everyone pays for their meter.

30K Baht for 100M of 4 wire/3 phase sounds cheap BTW.

Edited by IMHO

As I said, the power lines are there... We are further down on the same line :)

No issues paying for the meter, we have already done that for 2 other properties.

What I can't work out is why they can't provide power from the pole right in front of the plot !!

If you are 1km further away you are likely on a different LV transformer.

Do the 4 wires on small insulators run past her property? (They are the 220V)

A photo of the pole outside her property would help if you're not sure what you are looking at.