Took/Tuk, the fabulous Chiang Mai guitarist...

charliebadenhop

re

The Basserie is open in a new location. You'll find it almost on the corner of Chaiyaphum Soi 1 on the outside of the moat between Thapai Gate and Miguels Restaurant and next door to the Salad Concept.

errr ummm errr ... nah sorry :(

that place closed in mid june and its still closed !

dave2

post-42592-0-03125900-1436757514_thumb.j

CM is not the same without Took. He was playing quite regularly in BKK. Hope the second closing of the Brassiery is not the end of an era. I had some of the best nights out at the old Brassiery when Took was on fire. Had a few drinks and swapped a few yarns with him and he was always ready to say hi.

Now I only know of Boy at the Night Market and the North Gate Jazz venue for good live music. If anyone has any other place I could try I would be grateful for the info.

• 1 year later...
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:39 PM, elektrified said:

Enjoying a very nice retirement after selling his place on the Mae Ping River for many, many millions.

Well that is good to hear.  But I really miss his playing.  I am back to CM soon for a few weeks and am at a loss to know where to go for my music fix.  Northgate jazz and Boy at the night market I guess.  Any other up to date suggestions for good live music would be appreciated.

Archived