Lion air, experiences?

Asheron

Saw that Lion Air flies from Ubon to Don muang quite a lot cheaper (like four times if you take the "promo") than Thai Smile does. Any experiences with them? Surely they are "fine" for an hour flight?

Must have flown LA about 20 plus times since they started ..CM-BK ( Don M) -CM and never had any problems.

New aircraft,15 Kgs hold luggage, prices are usually good but always worth a double check...compared with Nok/A.Asia .

Had the verv odd occasion when Thai/Smile was cheaper...but generally the Lions come in best.

Must have flown LA about 20 plus times since they started ..CM-BK ( Don M) -CM and never had any problems.

New aircraft,15 Kgs hold luggage, prices are usually good but always worth a double check...compared with Nok/A.Asia .

Had the verv odd occasion when Thai/Smile was cheaper...but generally the Lions come in best.

Nice to hear. I got a round trip Ubon -> Bangkok -> Ubon for just 740 baht so i'm pretty damn happy. Even a one way bus ticket is like 700 baht from Ubon to Bangkok :)

I went with them once DM-KL. AA were slightly cheaper but Lion's schedule suited me better. Nice plane, roomy seats but hated the loud music they had. This made sense once the other passengers (mostly Indonesian) boarded - A noisier bunch I've never experienced. Other issues too of a 'cultural' nature. Let's just say it was an interesting cultural immersion experience I won't be rushing to repeat.

Same experience for me. I have flown Thai Lion Air about 10 time and nothing to complain.

I fly again this week to Chiangmai-Bangkok and return and booked well in advance. 1735 bahts all included and I added the insurance so I could have paid a cheaper price without insurance.

But once in a while you can get cheaper price on other ailrine ( Nok or Thai Smile ) but usually they offer the best value / price.