Teacher shot dead in Pattani two years after brother killed

webfact

Teacher shot dead in Pattani two years after brother killed
The Nation

30264393-01_big.jpg

PATTANI: -- Pattani physical education teacher Sakol Chadarat was fatally shot yesterday afternoon when ambushed by two men on a motorcycle while riding a motorcycle home in Muang district.

Sakol sustaining a gunshot to the chest and was pronounced dead at Yarang Hospital.

His elder brother, also a schoolteacher, was shot dead two years ago and Sakol was hired to replace him.

Police suspect that insurgents killed Sakol with the goal of creating unrest.

Yesterday at about 8am, a roadside bomb went off in Muang district and slightly wounded two soldiers while another roadside bomb in Yarang district exploded about the same time and slightly wounded two defence volunteers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Teacher-shot-dead-in-Pattani-two-years-after-broth-30264393.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-14

Strange reporting here...

Seems like two different stories and not much detail about either incident.

Is the photo of the teacher who was shot?

If so, who is the other person on the ground?

Is it of the roadside bombing?

Mostly it shows pavement!

Who decides to run these stories on TV???

I'd suggest they're the defence volunteers mentioned as being injured in a bombing which has nothing to do with the headline.

Poor presentation.

I believe Sakol Chadarat is a Muslim name, so 'insurgents' killing their fellow Muslims to "create unrest".

Muslims will kill other Muslims just for being the wrong type or for disobeying one of their medieval rules.

People use it to say "It's not about religion". It's BS : There might be other factors like corruption, organised crime etc but boil it down to the essence and it's ALL about religion for those who do the killing.

Two people in army uniform, I'd say it relates to the bombing, nothing to do with the teacher. But I could be wrong, it might relate to something totally different given the way things are reported.

Two people in army uniform, I'd say it relates to the bombing, nothing to do with the teacher. But I could be wrong, it might relate to something totally different given the way things are reported.

Its clumsy presentation / reporting:

Headline appear not to be related.

Photo: Guy Pointing - This looks like a Photo taken while awaiting emergency services - Road Side Bombing related.

Soldiers patrolling on a Honda Wave yet again.

Maybe money due to be spent on unnecessary submarines should be better spent on armoured vehicles.

No armoured vehicles available. They are all held in the garrisons around Bangkok, "in case they are needed".

These poor sods are sent out with no helmets, body armour or proper comms let alone armoured vehicles.

I am sure they are bravely doing their best, but standing around in the middle of the road after a bomb has been detonated shows a lack of training - they make a very good target for a follow up sniping attack.

Edited by JAG

The people lying on the ground are not soldiers, they are called "osaw", they are security services employed by the government but not soldiers. They all ride around on Honda Waves generally and it is a more dangerous job than a normal soldier. They normally always travel either alone or in pairs.

The people lying on the ground are not soldiers, they are called "osaw", they are security services employed by the government but not soldiers. They all ride around on Honda Waves generally and it is a more dangerous job than a normal soldier. They normally always travel either alone or in pairs.

"They normally always travel either alone or in pairs."

Excuse me for laughing, but your comment reminds me of an old bad joke:

There are only two times I drink..

Alone and with someone else!