Where is the temple fair/night market at the moment?

back on samui and would like to know if anyone know where the temple fair that moves to different temples are located at the moment and possibly which days they are open.

Last time when we where here in march it was at the temple up near traffic lights in fishermans village.

Would like to show some friends something else than just the standard walking streets.

Thanks in advance.

The temple fairs only happens 1 time a year on each temple. As far as I know, there are no fairs at any temple this time of the year. They've all been arranged earlier in the year.

There are however fairs which springs up here and there. They'll usually have street food, trinkets for sale and also a stage with live music.

Right now there is one in Chaweng on the ring road just before you arrive to Bangkok Hospital.

There's also Lamai night market every Sunday evening and Maenam walking street every Thursday evening. Much better and cheaper food in these markets.

Last one I have seen a few days ago was at this small forest temple with just one monk. Coming from Chaweng Lake Road towards Chaweng turning left at this ever too narrow crossroad opposite the well known Mit Restaurant formerly Mitra. After 80 meters in this very narrow soi full with minivans and cars straight.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Now i know where to look,if i get to chaweng in one of the next days.

smile.png

I believe they are in the process of setting up for one at Bophut Temple by Fisherman's Village. Nnot sure when it is due to open though.

It appears that the candle festival at Bo Phut temple will feature the usual trinkets for sale, street food and live performance. Although not as grand as the annual temple fair, it should still be worth visiting for those who are into these kind of thing.

I think it starts now and last day is 31 August.

It appears that the candle festival at Bo Phut temple will feature the usual trinkets for sale, street food and live performance. Although not as grand as the annual temple fair, it should still be worth visiting for those who are into these kind of thing.

I think it starts now and last day is 31 August.

August? 5 weeks?

• 9 months later...

Anyone know where the market is today?

I am pretty certain my neighbour said there is one a Fishermans village on Monday night (smaller version of the Friday night one)

I'll ask them tomorrow to give a list for the markets and list them .... seems there is one somewhere around the island every night of the week...

Walking street / evening markets: around Samui

The two better ones are: Fisherman's Village and Maenam.

Bophut / Fisherman's Village on Fridays.... 5 to 11 or midnight... depends on number of people around!

On Mondays they have a smaller version... (trial run from what I understand, to see if worth vendors while)

Maenam is Thursday from 5 to 10 pm... usually fairly busy....

Central Plaza in parking lot 5 to closing... depends on traffic!

Also a small market in Choeng Mong... opposite Muang Hotel... 5 to ? (not very busy, I am told!)

Lamai on Sunday from 5 to ?

No walking street markets on Tuesdays or Saturdays!

Sorry, I should have been a little more clear, but I was asking about the temple market, the one that moves around various temples and waste ground, staying around for a week or so at a time. Not the nightly "Walking Streets".

Anyone know?

Sorry, I should have been a little more clear, but I was asking about the temple market, the one that moves around various temples and waste ground, staying around for a week or so at a time. Not the nightly "Walking Streets".

Anyone know?

They vary! after driving around most of the island today, the only one I saw is between Ban Tai and Ban Por... on left side coming from Maenam. They usually last a week!

Anyone know?

They vary! after driving around most of the island today, the only one I saw is between Ban Tai and Ban Por... on left side coming from Maenam. They usually last a week!

well lite at night .... Music stuff seems to be at the temple next door.... It's just at the turning for Freedom bar..which is the Ban Tai Ban Por border line!

untitled-67.jpg

Archived