Weatherman predicts more rains in Bangkok and the rest of the country

webfact

Now it's raining, moderately hard with some thunder and lightning, in BKK... Let's see how long it lasts...

Not in my part of Bangkok...the western part. We did have a light shower for about 5 minutes around 9pm...that was it. From looking at the TMD weather radar there is a small bunch of rain clouds moving across parts of Bangkok. Tropical rain can be so localized.

Same here in the eastern part of Bangkok. Light to moderate rain, no thunder or lightning and only lasted like 10-15? mins around 8-9pm.

I live close to Silom Road / BKK ... it rained like in the bible, blinding driving rain with plenty of lightening and thunder. I live on floor 30 .. you could not see 25 meters at times.

So much rain here in Loei, now we having some localised flooding. Nothing since last evening but very hot and humid today and the mozzies are out in force.

Not far down the 21 it's been raining nicely here in Lom Sak for a good few hours,nice and cool and cleaning away all the dust I love it.

weatherman has to report this or he will be sent to attitude adjustment with his entire family. of course he will also be used as the next scape goat when it turns out he is wrong and lied to avoid getting sent to attitude adjustment with his entire family

There is rain and there has always been rain, the problem is that it is very sporadic and not very widespread. My work takes me to several provinces. I can leave home and it's bone dry, hit rain for a time and arrive at work where it is again dry. These rains are better than nothing, but they aren't likely to fill the dams, canals, and khlongs.

The other problem is that when it is not raining, it is really hot and that causes more evaporation.

There is rain and there has always been rain, the problem is that it is very sporadic and not very widespread. My work takes me to several provinces. I can leave home and it's bone dry, hit rain for a time and arrive at work where it is again dry. These rains are better than nothing, but they aren't likely to fill the dams, canals, and khlongs.

The other problem is that when it is not raining, it is really hot and that causes more evaporation.

Yes, Credo nailed it .. we are all hopeful and light up when it rains, or we hear of some.

But as he pointed out, it is spotty, and not the type to do much real good.

Better than nothing? Yes?

Good enough to reverse this problem? No.

Yes, Credo nailed it .. we are all hopeful and light up when it rains, or we hear of some.

But as he pointed out, it is spotty, and not the type to do much real good.

Better than nothing? Yes?

Good enough to reverse this problem? No.

I don't. I loathe the monsoon season. It's been raining for weeks here on Phuket and the past week has been nigh on tornado strength wind and rain with some respite just today. I'm a climate refugee, there's little else to mitigate against having to do without any cultural activity and having to deal with bureaucracy/locals can drive you insane. Fortunately I have a strong sense of the absurd. If I thought torrential rain and not a glimpse of sun was going to be the de facto climate here in LaLaLand I'd be on the next 'plane out. Fortunately the reality is it can turn on a dime and be hot and sunny tomorrow smile.png

Spoke to soon yesterday, Hughie, in his own way, must have decided to tell me not to open my mouth so soon and sent it down in truckloads yesterday afternoon and overnight. My dog is getting really upset being confined to barracks. Can you imagine how hypo a year old GS year pup can get. At the moment he's out in the yard digging his way to China.

Edited by Si Thea01

Not a drop in downtown BKK thus far today...as of 3 pm.... but it has been cloudy outside all day.

The Thai weather forecasts normally seem to be worth just about nothing.

At least in the west, being a weatherman, and a baseball player, are two of the only jobs you can have, where if you are wrong two thirds of the time, you still get paid millions of dollars a year.