Non Immg Type O (spouse Thai)

Would appreciate some advice on time frames for the above visa type!

Arrived LOS 25 Feb 04 unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances had to return to Aust 8 Mar 04 fix prob then returned to LOS 22 Mar 04.

Plan was for wifey & I to remain in LOS with occaisional visits to Aust, Murphy's law intervenes, and we will have to return to Aust for approx 8 months leaving June/July.

On time frames I can apply for a one year extension at the end of May which as I understand when approved is back dated to start 22Mar04 (arrival date).

If I leave the required 200000 in my account here can the next extension be legally processed from Aust or must one be physically in the LOS.

I am not after any under the counter deals as we intend to reside in LOS for the long term - the unforseen circumstances that require our presence in Aust have already delayed our arrival by two years to date, so it would be nice to have something in motion whilst we address our family reponsibilies in Aust.

mijaN24 :o

On time frames I can apply for a one year extension at the end of May which as I understand when approved is back dated to start 22Mar04 (arrival date).

in may when you apply for your one year extension, most likely they will first stamp you with a "under review" extension which is for 4 to 6 weeks if all goes well. you will need to come back on the expiration date or about a week or so before to get the final extension that will carry you to march 2005.

they could require 200k or 400k, as some applicants are being required different amounts even before july.

If I leave the required 200000 in my account here can the next extension be legally processed from Aust or must one be physically in the LOS.
you will need to go to immigration for another one year extension in march 05, that can't be granted from another country.
Plan was for wifey & I to remain in LOS with occaisional visits to Aust, Murphy's law intervenes, and we will have to return to Aust for approx 8 months leaving June/July.

thai immigration is going to see in your passport you weren't in thailand from june/july 2004 to march 2005. next year they are going to wonder why you got an extension in the first place.

Huski & Dr Pat Pong -

No banking/income increases concerns I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part, of course you are correct.

More runs than Bradman but it was "meant to be".

Plan to return to Aust June 19th be back next year will keep in touch, how could i miss my weekly+ browse.

One for the girls - Whilst using the internet @ The Mall No1 3rd floor "farang girl experienced a glitch and in a loud voice summoned the young thai lass who was at the other end "hoy" when no immediate response out of the chair stormed up the other end and demanded action!

Although it would be against all conventions i felt like advising the young thai lass to tell her ( the farang frump) to shove her 30 baht & "FXXX" off - of course i did no such thing but no wonder "we farangs" experience hostility in some dealings with the thai peoples.

Be happy in the LOS.

Mijan24 :o

Dr

Newcastle (Waratah). Wifey also enjoys Ncle and is even a member of the Waratah Rugby Club.

Jeeez .. and she eats pies with dead horse all washed down with pigs ear too. Talk about acclimatisation. Use the RTCG in Sydney and apply for a Non O - A visa. That one is a bit more complicated, but you get a one year stay on arrivai at Bkk airport, and thereafter you can extend it simply year after year in Thailand ( an hours task ) Get a multi re-entry permit from Immigration when you next return to the Kingdom.

Dr PP thanks will try that path.

She loves "chunky steak pies" dead horse as well, but should see her lining up at the union club on a Thursday night for a "T Bone & salad" @ $7.00 for members, Brian Mc dermott at the Town Hall Hotel Waratah has tried to entice her to dine there on a Friday $8 T Bones but she thinks the +$3 is a bit expensive for the Dianne sauce.

Regards