3bb Router

lostoday

A few weeks ago ago I got 3bb fiber optic broadband. No problem with the signal but the plug keeps falling out of the router and I have to plug it back in ten times before the red light goes off and it makes a good connection. 3bb won't come and fix it so I've decided to get another router any suggestions as to what kind would be best to replace the Huawei HG8045A?

I have the same router and only had the plug come loose one time. I replugged firmly and no problems since, some four months now. I have my router mounted on the wall so the fiber and all connections come in vertically which may be a solution.

Surprised re the failed service at 3BB, I have had good response the several times I contacted them. The router itself seems very good so suspect the installer did not trim the fiber cable properly.

I have the same router and only had the plug come loose one time. I replugged firmly and no problems since, some four months now. I have my router mounted on the wall so the fiber and all connections come in vertically which may be a solution.

Surprised re the failed service at 3BB, I have had good response the several times I contacted them. The router itself seems very good so suspect the installer did not trim the fiber cable properly.

They came twice to try and fix it and trimmed and put a new connector on the cable twice and then gave up.smile.png

Is this the optical line.

can you post a photo?

Have you tried using a small sliver of paper to act as a wedge?

Or a piece of cello tape to keep it from moving?

Hopefully the replacement will keep it in place.

Interesting that the plug used a slip joint and not a lock joint like other optical connectors.

You need to be very careful as the light from the fiber optic line can cause eye damage.

Edited by RichCor

Is this the optical line.

can you post a photo?

Have you tried using a small sliver of paper to act as a wedge?

Or a piece of cello tape to keep it from moving?

Hopefully the replacement will keep it in place.

Interesting that the plug used a slip joint and not a lock joint like other optical connectors.

You need to be very careful as the light from the fiber optic line can cause eye damage.

It looks like those in the pic (1 cable). The new router looks a bit used but that's OK as long as it works.

post-232807-0-15389100-1436948803_thumb.

The new (which I think is used) router lasted 4 days and is now flashing red in the LOS light and no PON light. Wife called - no results- I called on 3bb English language operator and asked for a repair man today. That will make the 5th time in two weeks they have been out to try and fix the problem. Unless there is a optic cable problem outside my house. Does anyone know how to read that http://192.168.1.1. to see if it is a router problem or if the broadband is down? I can connect to that if the internet is up or down.

The 3bb crew has been out three times this week. Rats or squirrels eating the new cable. They put in the new cable in the daytime and at night it gets eaten and stops. I call 3bb and it starts over again. 3rd time this week. Today they put the cable up higher. Wonder how many times it will take before they shield the cable with something?