Thailand welcomed 16 millionth tourist as Thailand’s Luckiest Visitor

Jonathan Fairfield

Thailand welcomed 16 millionth tourist as Thailand’s Luckiest Visitor

16-millionth-visitor-of-Thailand-in-2015

Bangkok, 15 July, 2015 – The Thai tourism industry welcomed Mr. Lefebvre Quentin from France as the country’s 16 millionth visitor for this year. Mr. Quentin, who is another Thailand’s Luckiest, arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport on 15 July, 2015.

The 16 millionth Luckiest Visitor was given an elaborate welcome by the executives and representatives of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), Thai Airways International Public Co., Ltd., the Immigration Bureau, the Airports of Thailand Public Co., Ltd., and True Corporation Public Co., Ltd.

The activity is designed to support the “2015 Discover Thainess” umbrella campaign, which aims to highlight the endless charm of Thailand, the diversity of destinations, full flavours of Thai cuisine, fascinating uniqueness of the traditions and culture, as well as the friendliness of its people.

The lucky visitor was pleasantly surprised to receive two economy-class return air tickets from his/her international port of origin to Thailand along with a five-night accommodation voucher, a “Thailand’s Luckiest Visitor” certificate as well as other prizes from TAT’s project partners. The trips will have a validity period of one year.

Mr. Sugree Sithivanich, TAT’s Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications said, “On behalf of the Thai travel and tourism industry, we would like to thank all visitors for their confidence in visiting Thailand. We want our visitors and guests to feel that they have received good service and warm hospitality and been enriched by our culture and heritage.

“We would like them to recommend Thailand to their friends and families, relatives and colleagues. And then we want them all to come back for another visit. Thailand is and continues to be a wonderfully diverse tourism destination with great beaches, food, spas, hotels, nature, sports, and smiles. We are always ready to welcome the world to Amazing Thailand.”

According to the preliminary figures released by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Thailand welcomed a total of 15.81 million visitors between January to 12 July, 2015, a 30.31 percent increase over the same period of 2014. This generated tourism income of 741.12 billion Baht, a 30.43 percent growth over the same period of last year.

TAT is projecting 28.8 million visitors in 2015.

Trying to imagine the unspoken convo they're having about him....

Lady on the right: " Does he like Ladies??"

Lady on the left: "Not sure - you know what they say about the French...."

cheesy.gif

Now, please do not be offended by this, as it is only a joke, I know how sensitive some people are. laugh.png

Can't even get his name right. :)

Which raises the question: What if that was you? Would you feel like a mug having to smile for this superficial nonsense? Knowing as much as you do about Thailand, having had your cynicism refined to the nth degree and then battered beyond recognition. Smile like a patsie? The freebies would be nice, of course.

Me, I'd have a very hard job not to say .... ummphoff. In French, of course.

Can't even get his name right. smile.png

Which raises the question: What if that was you? Would you feel like a mug having to smile for this superficial nonsense? Knowing as much as you do about Thailand, having had your cynicism refined to the nth degree and then battered beyond recognition. Smile like a patsie? The freebies would be nice, of course.

Me, I'd have a very hard job not to say .... ummphoff. In French, of course.

I think I could muster enough good manners to show a little gratitude.

I heard he got a couple of those wooden croaking frogs as well.

I'm sure he was delighted with his economy seats. If they had spent a bit more on first and thrown in a stay at The Oriental or somewhere nice and other goodies- it might have got into international news channels.

"The lucky visitor was pleasantly surprised to receive two economy-class return air tickets from his/her international port of origin to Thailand"

So tourist number from Europe following 12 months will be .... : 2 People in Europe are just so tired of this place and risking their life for a trip to the Zoo, Zipline, walking the streets, Jetski etc. and the Police harassment in generel - get used to it Thailand and learn how to speak Hindu ...whistling.gif

16 million visitors and they still can't get names right.

If he comes back for a return visit tell him to bring his own water including showering. TAT kind of reminds me of Nero. They fiddle while Rome goes dry. Why do they allow all these tourists in to use up what precious little water we have left?

don't think a quality tourist would be too happy with economy tickets, some how i'm sure he not the exact 16 millionth visitor ! all a cozenage between thai airway & tat :-/ I bet tat got the 1st class tickets :-/

Edited by BuckBee

Trying to imagine the unspoken convo they're having about him....

Lady on the right: " Does he like Ladies??"

Lady on the left: "Not sure - you know what they say about the French...."

cheesy.gif

Now, please do not be offended by this, as it is only a joke, I know how sensitive some people are. laugh.png

Are you sure they are not ladyboys ?

Actually, I WAS the 16th millionth visitor; however, I got blacklisted from overstaying 11 years

I was also wanted by a ladyboy in Pattaya

and didn't pay a bar fine in Phuket

I went to CR to protest the elephants, but got caught working without a permit

so i went to the hospital and gave them my brother's name

that didn't work, so i tunneled to burma

big mistake

so burma (i like the old name better) flew me to thailand and i was the 16th millionth visitor!!!

i'm in jail now, but i'm trying to get those tickets!!!!