Good conclusion to the South Pattaya Stray Dog Attack case

webfact

Good conclusion to the South Pattaya Stray Dog Attack case

dog-22.jpg

PATTAYA: -- We now update you on a story we featured earlier this week originating from the Pattaya City Resort on the South Pattaya Road, where the Resort Manager was arrested on animal abuse charges following an attack on a stray dog.

Khun Tawatchai aged 50 was arrested and charged over the incident and currently awaits a Court appearance to answer the allegations of animal abuse which were made against him.

On Thursday we joined Khun Tawatchai at the Pet Buddy Animal Clinic in Soi Kao Noi as he visited the stray dog he is alleged to have attacked and despite a Bangkok-based charity promising to pay the Vets Bill, Khun Tawatchai has decided he will cover all the medical expenses. A bill of 6,600 Baht was paid by him and the latest update on the condition of the dog is that he is likely to have been blinded in one eye following the attack but other injuries sustained are healing well.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/203568/good-conclusion-to-the-south-pattaya-stray-dog-attack-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-17

so the guy attacked the stray dog for no reason

stray dogs are all over beach road Jomtien - causing accidents, barking and biting, people, crapping every where, tearing apart rubbish bags - and some nutter does the rounds every morning in a van and feeds them. Collars are put on them so they look like theyre not strays.

This nutter is also causing another problem as he spreads dog food on the foot path and now the pigeons are amassing to eat as well. So pigeon population is growing.

Pigeons and stray dogs. WOW

The new animal cruelty laws were necessary but they don't tackle the problems of stray dogs, they are bloody everywhere in this country but the problem is pretty much ignored until people reach breaking point and like this guy snap and attack the dog. They are allowed to run wild in the streets attacking people and their pet's, ripping open bins and spreading rubbish in the streets, noisy barking all night, carrying disease and infestations to humans and family pets. I personally carry a few pebbles in my pockets if walking anywhere. If all that wasn't enough they are often in a he'll of a mess due to mange etc, bring out laws on pet ownership compulsory microchips a license fee paid annually. District pounds similar to in the west, punishment for allowing dogs to roam the streets. I have had dogs all my life, worked with them for many years in the army and currently own 11 dogs and would have called myself a dog lover until I came to Thailand and experienced the problems with stray dogs running wild making people's lives miserable

The new animal cruelty laws were necessary but they don't tackle the problems of stray dogs, they are bloody everywhere in this country but the problem is pretty much ignored until people reach breaking point and like this guy snap and attack the dog. They are allowed to run wild in the streets attacking people and their pet's, ripping open bins and spreading rubbish in the streets, noisy barking all night, carrying disease and infestations to humans and family pets. I personally carry a few pebbles in my pockets if walking anywhere. If all that wasn't enough they are often in a he'll of a mess due to mange etc, bring out laws on pet ownership compulsory microchips a license fee paid annually. District pounds similar to in the west, punishment for allowing dogs to roam the streets. I have had dogs all my life, worked with them for many years in the army and currently own 11 dogs and would have called myself a dog lover until I came to Thailand and experienced the problems with stray dogs running wild making people's lives miserable

I don't carry pebbles with me.....most of what you say has foundation....

No disrespect to the ordinary Thai people....in general I believe most are animal lovers.....but they do not seem interested,nor capable of tackling this problem in the proper way.....(castration & speying)......their mindset is.....drop off the unwanted offspring to the Temple....or dump them outside a likely Farangs house

And so the animals suffer, along with the two legged variety

You know they give more thought care and attention to the bloody dogs running around wild in packs, than they would to a fellow human being.

They'll happily watch one of their own countrymen, root through rubbish bins, going through God knows what, trying to eek out a meager living...

Anything wrong with the picture here, or is it just me?

Edited by Oil Baron

I also have no respect for the people who feed the straydogs. They do nothing good in my opinion and are responsible for all the problems straydogs cause.

Thai think strays are so cute but when the stray was their pet they were too lazy to take care of it. I know loads of Thai who bought a pup and got rid of it within a year. Some even bought a new pup after that which also was dumped very soon.wai2.gif

I also have no respect for the people who feed the straydogs. They do nothing good in my opinion and are responsible for all the problems straydogs cause.

Thai think strays are so cute but when the stray was their pet they were too lazy to take care of it. I know loads of Thai who bought a pup and got rid of it within a year. Some even bought a new pup after that which also was dumped very soon.wai2.gif

I like your post and it makes perfect sense. Not far from where I live, there are five stray dogs. I know of four different people that feed these dogs, each and everyday! Four!

Not only do they feed them, but they also see fit, to toss the empty plastic bags to the side of the road. So, not only are they feeding these animals, but they are fouling the place up with plastic trash. Which incidentally, is another issue altogether.

Anyway, I've witnessed these dogs give birth to two litters of puppies, at about 5/6 pups each time!!

My friend and I actually took the two bitches (female dogs) to the vets to undergo an operation (spayed) to stop them breeding. The costs incurred for each dog amounted to 1500 Baht. So it was 3000 Baht in total for both dogs.

Now, I could have turned the other way and thought "What the Hell?" but this would have been a continual saga, so I chose to step in.

I don't plan to do this often, as I'd be well out of pocket. I think the local council should step in and sort out what is effectively their issue.

I find that there are usually simple solutions to straightforward problems.

And as for the guy beating the dog, well now, there have been numerous times when I'd have liked to do more than that. Especially to the ones that come screaming up from behind, and scare the living daylights out of you.

Not content with giving you a heart attack, they then snarl and threaten to attack me and my family when I'm out for an evening stroll...

Grrrrrrrr! 555 :-)

Edited by Oil Baron