No need for 90 day report after travel?

I live in Thailand on a retirement visa, and recently took a one week trip out of the country using a re-entry permit.

I recently sent in my 90 day report by mail timed about 75 days after my most recent report.

I then received a call from immigration from a guy who spoke decent English and I think he said I could not report now, I needed to send it in again 90 days after my re-entry into the country.

Is it correct that a re-entry by air count as a 90 day report and restart the 90 day clock?

Thanks,

W

• Like 1

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. If you do not stay that long there is no need to report.

If you leave on or before the 90th day your next report is due 90 days from the date you re-enter the country including that date in the count.

• Like 2

Is it correct that a re-entry by air count as a 90 day report and restart the 90 day clock?

Yes, the day of entry be it by air or over land is day 1 for your next 90 day report.

Its not necessary to do a 90 day report if you (plan to) leave the country before day 90.

• Like 1