Hoteliers predict Chinese tourist rush to continue in Thailand

webfact

A German friend of mine coincidentally wrote to me today from Germany complaining about the number of Chinese tourists swarming out over the German romantic tourist destinations, he was on holiday with his wife, they cut their trip short and headed back home.

Yes, but you've got to bear in mind that on the Spanish beaches, British and Spanish people sometimes avoid the beaches that have got lots of GERMANS. Yes, some people do feel that there are simply too many GERMANS in Spain.

And, you also get Spanish people who simply don't want to see any foreign tourists in their country, and they avoid beaches and other places that have lots of foreign tourists. sometimes, even cathedrals in Spain have loads of foreign tourists inside the building. Some Spanish people would love to just simply get their own country back.

A German friend of mine coincidentally wrote to me today from Germany complaining about the number of Chinese tourists swarming out over the German romantic tourist destinations, he was on holiday with his wife, they cut their trip short and headed back home.

Yes, but you've got to bear in mind that on the Spanish beaches, British and Spanish people sometimes avoid the beaches that have got lots of GERMANS. Yes, some people do feel that there are simply too many GERMANS in Spain.

And, you also get Spanish people who simply don't want to see any foreign tourists in their country, and they avoid beaches and other places that have lots of foreign tourists. sometimes, even cathedrals in Spain have loads of foreign tourists inside the building. Some Spanish people would love to just simply get their own country back.

They would do alright without the money then ?

This is probably the last thing struggling local vendors wanted to read. More low spending Chinese Tourists descending on Thailand.

I think I read somewhere where Chinese tour companies send advance agents to try and wring as much savings as they can out of Thai hotels and restaurant packages. The profit margin must really be thin.

But a thin profit margin is still better than no profit at all. As far as the industry is concerned, there's nothing worst than EMPTY rooms in a hotel.

And anyway, a lot of those hotels that cater for Chinese tourists are, supposedly, joint ventures between Chinese and Thai companies. As in, Chinese company builds or sets up a hotel in Thailand, they need a Thai partner because foreigners can't set up a business in Thailand, and the Chinese company then sets up travel agents in China iteslf. These travel agents then sell the holidays to Chinese people. That's one of the reasons why there are so many Chinese tourists in Thailand.

Man, I'm trying to say that if it's okay for Germans to say that they're not actually that happy with loads of foreign tourists in their country, well, that means it's okay if other people say the same thing.

Would Germans accept a situation where they can ban foreign tourists going into Germany, but then, the rest of the world can ban Germans from leaving Germany ? Off-course not. You notice how Gemans don't like it when foreigners go to their country, but they reserve the right to go into other peoples' countries.

:)

Man, I'm trying to say that if it's okay for Germans to say that they're not actually that happy with loads of foreign tourists in their country, well, that means it's okay if other people say the same thing.

Would Germans accept a situation where they can ban foreign tourists going into Germany, but then, the rest of the world can ban Germans from leaving Germany ? Off-course not. You notice how Gemans don't like it when foreigners go to their country, but they reserve the right to go into other peoples' countries.

smile.png

Chinese,tonbridgebrit,Chinese. I wasn't referring to all Germans, they are usually most welcoming, i merely mentioned the E-mail from my friend in Germany to show that the Chinese aren't just swarming out over Thailand and that the manners that they put on show is not only disliked in Thailand

Hello soalbundy. :)
If I saw a Geman man who didn't like the manners of Chinese tourists in Germany or anywhere, I would smirk at him.

If Germany had of won World War Two, well, the Germans on holiday would be far louder than what they are today. How would German people on holiday in Spain and Portugal behave if Germany had of won World War Two ?

Those Chinese tourists. They probably read newspapers that tell them that China is beginning to influence and dominate the rest of the world. That's probably why it is that some of them travel to foreign countries, and act as if they own the place. :)

Hello soalbundy. smile.png

If I saw a Geman man who didn't like the manners of Chinese tourists in Germany or anywhere, I would smirk at him.

If Germany had of won World War Two, well, the Germans on holiday would be far louder than what they are today. How would German people on holiday in Spain and Portugal behave if Germany had of won World War Two ?

Those Chinese tourists. They probably read newspapers that tell them that China is beginning to influence and dominate the rest of the world. That's probably why it is that some of them travel to foreign countries, and act as if they own the place. smile.png

ww2 ended 80 years ago, get used to it. I worked at a car manufacturer in Germany for many years, on their intranet it was interesting to read people asking where they could go on holiday without having to meet Brits who they considered loud and drunks, so the misconceptions work both ways.

Today's personal experience. I thought I'd take a walk around my tourist island beach bits. Rarely go, stick to town. Met many old chums along the way and all complaining 'no tourists' with many closing up shop and going home. When I'd asked about the so called high spending Chinese tourist they all told me they never frequent their various and diverse businesses but 7/11 always packed out with them. Further on, reach the beach and spot just one Chinese couple on the beach kicking rocks biggrin.png . None in any of the restaurants dotted along the way. THEN I made it to Rawai, a former quaint fishing village now turned ugly glass plated mess complete with what looks like a disco called Superstar. Bus after bus after bus, all with the same resort name emblazoned on the sides, of Chinese tourists. They don't exactly spread the love, do they ermm.gif