Visa Run By Car

Can anyone be so kindly and tell me which is the nearest and best "border checkpoint" to Bangkok, and the possibility to get there by car.

- In case, how long to drive?

- Is there any open/closing time, and is it open on Sundays?

- Is it as simple as crossing the border, turn the car around and go back into Thailand.

- I don't have any visa and want to obtain one month only, is that possible to do at these "checkpoints".

Would be very grateful for any suggestion and advice :o

if you own the car make sure you have ALL your car related paperwork up to date or your car may not get a visa to come back.!!

nearest border is aranyaprathet/poipet cambodia.about three hours from bangkok.

might be better and less hassle if you left your car on the thai side and crossed and returned on foot or by motorcycle taxi or however they do it there.

Aranyaprathet by far easist. don't need to drive over it will just wast time getting the papers in order. Then again unless the car is in your name you will not get it over anyway. Just park on the Thai side ( lock the car as best or better than possible) and walk over. easy.

regards

Gone North

If ya want to make a weekend out of it, the one near trat's quite good.

I set off early friday, got to koh chang for 3pm, spent the night there, up at a reasonable time again, str8 to the boarder (about 40 mins from trat) and then back to pattaya @ 5pm, for a few nights to ram some hoez. All in all, a good weekend. :o

I set off early friday, got to koh chang for 3pm, spent the night there, up at a reasonable time again, str8 to the boarder (about 40 mins from trat) and then back to pattaya @ 5pm, for a few nights to ram some hoez. All in all, a good weekend.

mad frankie..... you truly are mad :o