Bangkok Bank 20000+ annual debit card fee?

Today checked my bank and there were 2 charges totalling to over 20000 baht for my visa debit card annual fee. I called Bangkok Bank and they said my mobile banking is incorrect in the description and it's actually 2 debit card transactions, but all my debit card transactions show up as EDC transactions. So I am very confused and concerned as to where my money has gone. Apparently the department for checking is not open until tomorrow morning. Anyone else had this happen to them?

post-226207-14373980965872_thumb.jpg

I would likewise appreciate hearing the answer from Bangkok Bank.

For the time being I can add that Bangkok Bank seems to use the description "Visa Electron Annual Fee" as a catch all for several different kind of transactions. For example, recently I noticed in my savings account three entries for various amounts all listed with the description "Visa Electron Annual Fee." In my case, they were credits rather than debits. I finally figured out that they were refunds from AirAsia for the airport tax portion of tickets I had purchased and not used. Why they were described as they were is mystifying.

Therefore, in your case it is possible that these entries do not have anything to do with the "Visa Electron Annual Fee." But, of course, there must be an explanation and so it would be interesting to hear what it is in your case.

So problem is now fixed. I bought a 3 plane tickets on Wednesday and the airline obtained 1 authorisation code but debited the tickets separately. Bangkok bank didn't see what they had done and debited decided to charge one of them and the original total. I don't understand why only one. But now the problem is sorted and they have refunded me already.

Edited by colinanderson1978uk