Atlanta Honorary Consulate - Pleasant Experience

Today I went to the Honorary Consulate in Atlanta, Georgia with the intention of obtaining a single entry tourist visa. My plans were to enter Thailand next Wednesday and within one month get married to my fiancé and then convert the tourist visa to a Non-O based on marriage. The lady at the consulate examined my paperwork and said that without a return ticket she could not issue me a tourist visa; I was despondent. With seemingly nothing to lose I told her the reason for my trip which wasn't truly tourism. After hearing my story she said that with that information she could help me by issuing me a single entry Non-O visa. So I am now the proud owner of a Non-O which will make my life simpler since after we are married we will no longer have to convert a visa.

For anyone considering obtaining a visa from the Honorary Consulate in Atlanta, the lady there is very friendly and easy to work with. Feel free to tell her all the reasons for wanting a visa and she will work with you to make your Thailand dreams come true.

• Like 1