Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

ACM Prayat Didyasarin takes his life with gun at temple ground

webfact

ACM Prayat Didyasarin takes his life with gun at temple ground

11758784_10153499122318637_1521900168_n-

BANGKOK: -- Former Air Force assistant commander-in-chief and former THAI president ACM Prayat Didyasarin died inside the cemetery ground of Wat Phra Sri Mahathat in Bang Khen this morning.

He was suspected to have committed suicide as a loaded pistol was found beside his blood-stained body.

Residents told police they heard a single shot at about 4.00 am but his body was found 8.00 am.

Bangkok metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sriwara Rangsitpramkul said the pistol belonged to the former senior air force officer.

Forensic police said it was a suicide, but thus has to be thoroughly examined as the victim was a firmer top ranking military officer.

The 91-year-old retired air force officer was the father of Flt Lt Virayuth Didyasarin, and former senator in 1992.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/acm-prayat-didyasarin-takes-his-life-with-gun-at-temple-ground

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-22

I wonder how he could commit suicide if the gun they found next to his body was loaded? Did he load it after killing himself? Or could it be murder.

Eh?

You think he used a single shot pistol?

Maybe the poster is loaded.

A post has been removed from view. Please remember forum rules:

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.*
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Sad reflection that the incident will be fully investigated because he was a former high ranking military officer.

Yes, the dirty and disgusting side of Thailand where they grovel for the slugs whilst the poor and non-citizens are treated like dogs or milked like cows. Yet another story that shows this country's lack of moral decency and fairness.

This story also shows how a supposedly rich foreigner is nothing but a dog in designer clothing as far as the justice system and - as a reflection of its people - many Thais are concerned.

This story also shows how a supposedly rich foreigner is nothing but a dog in designer clothing as far as the justice system and - as a reflection of its people - many Thais are concerned.

Sorry, but where did you read this conclusion? I can't seem to find it, though I heard your theory many times. I hoped to get hard evidence on this.

Edited by rdteth

Sorry, but where did you read this conclusion? I can't seem to find it, though I heard your theory many times. I hoped to get hard evidence on this.

Search this site for foreigner suicide news stories and see how many times the Thai Police Farce immediately assume it's a suicide based on no investigation or what the girlfriend later said etc., then re-read the story. That's one example of many.