south east asia has had its day

keetoot

Im here since late 2000' and i believe thailand and the rest of south east asia has had its day .

It become expensive and people are no longer genuine .

Apart from the unjaded thai people from the lower class i have no interest in thais anymore.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

go to Isaan , and live there, its still cheap !

But what to do there ? sx... every day and night ? )

In 7-11 the beer is expensive like in Phuket,

just its 50 km away from your village ;

Thailand is gone,

India is down,

Vietnam and Combodia is in

Myanmar and Laos coming;

If you want quality and cheap,

go Europe,

Germany,

Spain, Portugal, Greece -

blue and turkies water, Thais can only dream from !!

100 times less cheating than inThai !!

Just curious, considering your other thread today that got closed.... You know, the one you started to tell everyone that you gave a ladyboy a BJ... What, did he leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Just curious, considering your other thread today that got closed.... You know, the one you started to tell everyone that you gave a ladyboy a BJ... What, did he leave a bad taste in your mouth?

I prefer to call it a "she" thank you.

Bye

Cannot remember when 500 euro note was worth 25000 baht?

Or a 100 aussie dollar was worth 3300 baht?

Or a hundred pound was worth 7000 baht?

Or a chang 25 baht a can?

I can, 1996 ish "Or a hundred pound was worth 7000 baht?" which was quite handy when paying somsit (or however its spelt!) and building the house. Yes we are still married :-) and I am looking forward to retiring to it in 3-4 years...

Absolutely not. Phillipines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and to some extent Indonesia all have great growth and development potential with young populations.

Unfortunately, for Thailand the answer could be yes. It's rapidly ageing population - 3rd worst in Asia - and rate of declining workforce - 3rd highest in the world - is in contrast to the other countries in SEA and suggest Thailand is nearing the end of it's "day".

Edited by Time Traveller

You and only yourself has just referred to a Ladyboy as "it" and you feel you are in a position to correct others.....novel that?

south east asia has had its day

You know something is up when people regularly post the same

familiar topic which leads me to believe they are right.

You also said

'' farang is now low as the dog ''

i come from a higher education background, many friends of mine

of my circle back home were academics, its just how it happened

but i have always longed for an easy simple life and ended up in a

small village in remote Issan near Akat Amnoi, a rice farming village

and i was happy there but i kept thinking from day one, i'm nothing

more than a second class citizen here, didn't last long, the sex, the

fresh air, the beauty of the place was killing me, had to move to

Bangkok, 10 years later still feel the same although i don't (cant)

live here full time any more, i move around, Laos is good,,bow wow.

Keetoot you truly buy and drink Chang beer - from cans?? Hmmmm.... .

Actually it is the countries and their fixed income legatees whose currencies have collapsed v the LoS and other SEA countries that are the big losers..

"It become expensive and people are no longer genuine ."

Just trying to catch up with the West?

Hey farangs are still dogs. Good to see old traditions die hard.

The rest of SE Asia is doing fine, much to the dismay of Thailand. No longer the only pretty face in the bar.

Well I am not talking from a position of strength having only lived in Thai for 18 months but I think most of it is good. Of course the roads are bad and their are some that try and screw you ( isn't there in most places) and I don't like the idea or practise of a military government but I am a guest so you just get on with it.

I think too many people like to knock it.

The other countries, well I e been to Laos...not impressed

Vietnam was stunningly beautiful, maybe more so than here, but it is a bit more expensive. But I loved it there. The people were lovely, the roads worse (yes) and is a country that is growing fast.

But they do bring a bloody live snake to your table if you unwittingly order it!

But Thailand is good.

I like it here.

Can't see me returning to Europe except for a holiday

Its probably off topic, but I think there is an underlying feeling that Thailand needs to do more than they did 10 years ago both for tourists and foreign residents.

Its not dirt cheap as it was when I first visited. Everything associated with tourism has skyrocketed in price. Food, liquor, lodging, transportation.

The place needs to be cleaned up, if you are going to pay higher prices you need to be able to sit andd swim on beaches that are not littered with garbage. You should be able to walk on sidewalks that are not taken up with vendors instead of stepping out in traffic. There needs to be the assumption of safety. I'd suggest a walking police presence in all tourist areas..beat cops.

As for foreign residents, make new rules that make life easier, both for the aliens and the authorities.

To put it in my own personal perspective. I have a pension. Its an lifetime pension. I am married to a Thai national. We have our own home.

Since my income never changes, my address never changes and (I hope) my marital status never changes then why, in Gods name, do I have to check in every 3 months and show the same documents for income and address every year? Wouldn't it be easier to just require me to inform immigration if anything changes.

I'm not a Thai basher, for the most part I enjoy my interactions with Thai people and I love the country. With the exception of the lunacy I see on the roads.

My biggest issue is dealing with the senseless, needless, bureaucratic hoops I have to go through to spend the rest of my life here.

If you really think Vietnam is better then Thailand, then you are in for a big shock. It is way behind thailand for roads system and infrastructure. I see people complain about street vendors on the pavement, in thailand you wait until visit Vietnam and have to contend with a million motorbikes who constantly ride on the pavement/sidewalks every minute of the day. Having lived in Hanoi and Sai gon (Ho Chi Minh City) I cannot wait untill retire next year and live in Thailand. There truly is no comparison

If it has dangly bits its a he lol

So... the charm's worn off due to inflation eh? Sounds like you haven't connected to anything but your own desires ... might as well move on then, you have yet to find your purpose in life ... good luck.