Where to stay for a short family break

naboo

I will be meeting my mother at Survanabhumi but would like a couple of days somewhere before. I have never been to Pattaya and thought it the ideal time to visit.

It will be my wife, 2 year old daughter and myself. I had a look on Agoda and hotels seem to be spread over a large area. I don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, though we will be in the car.

So, any recommendations? Budget can go to 1750B a night but would prefer less. Need a swimming pool and car park.

Thanks.

Hmmm...Pattaya is an "interesting" destination for a family. What are you trying to do? Relax on the beach? Find a nice resort and relax for a few days? As you may know, the beaches around here (including the other side of the gulf near Hua Hin) are not picture perfect. But! You can find some nice places.

Central Pattaya would be good if you want to go out and party. If not, I'd avoid this area. Best to focus towards Naklua or in Jomtien. Perhaps even better if you can go south of Jomtien. You've got a car, so that should be no problem.

I don't know the prices, but the Pinnacle runs discounts from time to time. Huge resort, right on the beach, OK breakfast, great car park. Nice resort. Bang Saray is pretty good, but very busy on weekends. Heck, the whole Eastern seaboard is busy on weekends with people from Bangkok.

Another option might be Cha Am. Pretty decent beach, great restaurants, fair beach. But many relatively inexpensive hotels.

Just some thoughts.

ermm.gif not where I would bring the lady of my life, and my daughter.

I seen this on walking street...young children, and wives in tow. The look on the wives' faces is priceless, but that agitated look on the husbands' faces are even funnier. You can see them trying to puzzle out on where to leave the wife and kid for a few hours. Of course...that never is going to happen.

Don't torture yourself....

To be a bit off the red light: lookout for Naklua on the beach side.

A typical place (that I know/have seen):

East Sea resort / East Sea bungalow across the road.

Good for a family holiday, quiet location and still only a short walk to the Dolphin roundabout where you can take a Baht bus that takes you up Pattaya Beach road. There a couple of nice places in this area.

https://goo.gl/maps/mrW4b

http://www.eastsearesort.net/

Edited by KhunBENQ

I've been told by Thai friends that Pattaya is a good family destination.... I raised my eyebrows admittedly.

My daughter loves swimming so we will go to a waterpark for a day. And my wife is in bed by 9 so not much partying going on.

Will look at the Pinnacle and the others above. We will be arriving on a Sunday evening, staying until Wednesday midday so should miss the Bangkok crowds.

Centara Grand in Nakula has a fantastic water park for kids. Amazing. But it's not a cheap resort.

There is a Cartoon Network water park down near Bang Saray. I've never been, but heard it's expensive.

I'm not sure central Pattaya is a good family destination. IMHO.

Pinnacle has an OK pool. It's on a relatively OK beach. A few restaurants nearby. But you are not in Pattaya. Maybe others can help with the water park question?

Cartoon Network is a very nice family day out,it's expensive by Thai standards yes but I'm not Thai so it's relative to visiting a similar them/water park in the west.

Most of the other so called family attractions in and around Pattaya are mediocre IMO.

Thx. Cartoon Network would work at just under 3500B for the three of us, Splashdown would be 1950B (Thai prices). Centara looks good and would cost the same as a hotel plus Cartoon Network.

Stuff to think about. I will leave the decision to the wife so I don't get moaned at for making the wrong decision.

Just a thought. As you mentioned, add in the costs of these water parks and you are at the cost of Centara. Which IMHO, is a fantastic resort. You have your room nearby, the beach nearby, and plenty of distractions for the kids.

Just a thought...Centara is a really nice resort. But not cheap!

I just spent a month in Jomtein Beach with wife and 4 yr. old. Rented on soi 7, a condo. Plenty there with car parking. Beach just a few minutes walking. Beach isn't too bad, plenty of shade. Restaurants all over on beach road. All the bars aren't a problem, just a bunch of guys drinking. At night the beach has lots of both foreigners and thai enjoying the evening.

Ban Phe, Rayong, a whole Beach to yourself for a few days, Koh Samed island minutes away , Tequila Sunrise and Cappana restaurant, Bungalows , Hotels, Novatel, Marriot on beach also, I see a lot of Farang Families down there, u can rent a motorbike that has seats for the whole family, 3 wheelers, check it out

I'd second East Sea, or try Sunshine Garden Resort right next to the Dolphin roundabout. Rooms should be less than 1500 Baht per night. Beach is walking distance and is on baht bus route. Plenty of restaurants nearby, Tiffanys, night market. Handy for Sukhumvit with your car for trips out.