Dash cam price?

I have still not seen a dashcam, that can show a numberplate, from more than 5 meters distance.

And; I'm thinking about, why it matters?. You can see the cars (brand and colours) and what they are doing.

I'm looking for the smallest dashcam with reasonable quality.

Your right it doesn't matter when the truck that hit you does a runner tell the BIB it was silver and the number was 'the new Revo'laugh.png

I think a truck or other vehicle, will probably hit me in the back, but I always keep a good eye on the rear mirror, and are always ready to "get away".

If it hit me in the front, it will (eventually) be within 5-4-3-2-1-0 meters distance!?

I have still not seen a dashcam, that can show a numberplate, from more than 5 meters distance.

And; I'm thinking about, why it matters?. You can see the cars (brand and colours) and what they are doing.

Your right it doesn't matter when the truck that hit you does a runner tell the BIB it was silver and the number was 'the new Revo':lol:

If that truck runs up the ass of my car my rear camera will capture the numberplate perfectly.

The NT 96650 blue from MGT may be a good choice for 1450 thb with 8 GB memory card, warranty, etc, etc.. Looks like have a good night vision, too. Over 1000thb Lazada do not charge for shipping and will make 100thb discount for new customer.

Very good deal!

post-233549-0-79442700-1437740486_thumb.

Edited by BKResort

Hello,

I also think that a screen is useful and all the BS that people tell about wifi, etc is just BS. Lets see if you have time to connect to your phone, especially if you are injured.

More than that I like to know that my cam is doing something, maybe other people will feel it if one day they have an accident and find that they cam didn't record anything...

One of the most reliable cam among the cheapest is:

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=NT96650

You can read everywhere, if you find a genuine of these cam (MONZIE SHOP on lazada sells genuine) you will be happy for the price.

Most of the other cheap ones are shiiite and trust me I tried many.

Now let the scientists of the forum who know everything in their dreams talk <3

I'm slightly confused, the NT 96650m that you recommend, well, just about all the cams on the link you provided are called NT 96650 and this looks like some kind of name copying attempt to mimic the US based NT 96650 which is a totally different beast altogether. Soooo, which NT 96650 do you recommend and from which manufacturer?

The cheapest one, they are all the same.

It is one NT 96650 blue color, for 1450thb from MGT with a 8 GB memory card, warranty, etc, etc. Very Good deal!

Edited by BKResort

All the current ones are with fixed lens (as far as I know). It's like an old Nokia.

I am sure, the next generation will be with auto-focus and maybe zoom.

They might even be with some sort of "intelligence"; so they can focus and zoom in on long "female" legs!?.

I have a G1W as reviewed here:

I think it cost me about 1,200 baht but I don't remeber exactly, certain it was less than 2,000 though.

It sits below my rear view mirror, I like the fact it has a screen and is not too discrete. The other day I was pulled over by one of the fine members of the BiB waving a clip board, when he noticed the screen recording he politely asked for my licence which I showed him, ask me where I was going and wished me a safe trip.

smile.png

Electronics never fail, it is famous ! And they warn you when they break, right ?

So keep using your cam without knowing if it works or not, it's just the smartest perfect way to do <3

Hello,

I also think that a screen is useful and all the BS that people tell about wifi, etc is just BS. Lets see if you have time to connect to your phone, especially if you are injured.

More than that I like to know that my cam is doing something, maybe other people will feel it if one day they have an accident and find that they cam didn't record anything...

You can read everywhere, if you find a genuine of these cam (MONZIE SHOP on lazada sells genuine) you will be happy for the price.

BS? You don't need to look at a screen, since its continuously recording whatever what. It has sensors that pick up events when have parked your car, for example if someone approaches it, or crash it while parked.

Edited by thailandforumaddict

Don't listen to people who do not know what they are talking about, they are not all the same.

I already said that many are fake, but as much as I know Monzie shop sells the genuine ones.

Hello,

I'm slightly confused, the NT 96650m that you recommend, well, just about all the cams on the link you provided are called NT 96650 and this looks like some kind of name copying attempt to mimic the US based NT 96650 which is a totally different beast altogether. Soooo, which NT 96650 do you recommend and from which manufacturer?

Im looking for a dashcam with capacitor, screen and a 2nd rear cam. Blackvue 750 has it all but is a bit to big. Any other options?

Blackvue 650 dual channel. I use mine with a smart phone and it works a treat.. you can view in live or play back recorded files.

It has a small battery that handles any events when it may suddenly lose power but mine is hard wired into the trucks wiring.

Kurt

Your right it doesn't matter when the truck that hit you does a runner tell the BIB it was silver and the number was 'the new Revo'laugh.png

I'm not interested in knowing numbers. I am interested in proving that the 12 year old kid with 5 of his friends on his motorbike drove under my wheels without looking and it wasn't my fault.

Thank you to all that answered.

If in Chiang Mai: Central Festival has a whole floor (or near enough) of camera shops, several of them sell different models of car video camera's, all priced under 3k - Pantip doesn't seem to have much at all.

The NT 96650 blue from MGT may be a good choice for 1450 thb with 8 GB memory card, warranty, etc, etc.. Looks like have a good night vision, too. Over 1000thb Lazada do not charge for shipping and will make 100thb discount for new customer.

Very good deal!

attachicon.gifmgt-g1w-nt96650-blue-mgt-8gb-power-bank-5-600-mah-mini-hdmi-6494-9867701-1-zoom.jpg

attachicon.gifnt.jpg

I bought this and fitted it a couple of days ago, I figured that for THB 1,490 I could afford a gamble!

It works just fine, don't know how long it will last but I'll let you know if it fails any time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got a good car video camera: Transcend DrivePro 100 (3,500 Baht at Lazada).

Very good video quality. The build quality is also very good.

I have earlier used about 4,000 Baht on (3) cheaper models and they were all crap.

You get what you pay for; as I have found out the hard way.