Dash cam price?

These cheap ones struggle to read a number plate in daytime let alone night ime. A BlackVue 650 2ch is an awesome tool. Around 11000 baht so not cheap but really good. Google for some videos in the light or dark.

Anything with a rv mirror monitor and plug into the cig lighter. Obviously not interested in Chinese garbage.

I posted in CM forum about OK shop in Computer City sells them.

@ 2200 it will be Chinese garbage.

These cheap ones struggle to read a number plate in daytime let alone night ime. A BlackVue 650 2ch is an awesome tool. Around 11000 baht so not cheap but really good. Google for some videos in the light or dark.

Indeed - If you can afford a car and want a dash-cam... Get a decent one which will do the job.

you can turn your iphone into a dash cam with various apps.

Its almost guaranteed that the time you need the dash-cam evidence you will have forgotten to use your iPhone as the Cam !...

-----

I guess any cam is better than none in the event of an accident...

There is a long running thread on Dash-cams.... worth a read...

you can turn your iphone into a dash cam with various apps.

Its almost guaranteed that the time you need the dash-cam evidence you will have forgotten to use your iPhone as the Cam !...

Prior to fitting my ride out with a "proper" cam. I used my samsung Galaxy S4. It actually performed very well but the downside was remembering to turn the app on before driving.

Using it as a dash cam was hell on the battery as well, infact it would drain it quicker than the USB could charge it.

Phonetically spelling offending numberplates can be played back when reviewing footage of interest, with wife (passenger) explaining any Thai text. Driver commentary proves useful too, rather like 999 or radio evidence useful to defence/ insurers.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

blackvue is a stupid dashcam without screen, dont buy it !

It doesn't need a screen - it has a Wifi connection to your smart phone.

This keeps the size down, it nestles neatly out of the way behind the rear-view mirror.

If you don't like the fact that the BlackVue 650 doesn't have a screen, the BlackVue 750 does have a screen. Alternatively there are a number of very good dash-cams on the market... IMO BlackVue 650 is one of the better ones (even if some think it is stupid!).

I've had no probs in the 3 years since fitting one.

TBH the THB 900 cheapies from Lazada are perfectly ok to use here; the only difference being no GPS/ speed.

This is interesting... At 10x less cost these may be an option - although, I'm sceptical.

How well do these cam record at night?

What is their field of view? HD ?

I guess its most important to be able to capture a number plate at night...

I've had no probs in the 3 years since fitting one.

TBH the THB 900 cheapies from Lazada are perfectly ok to use here; the only difference being no GPS/ speed.

This is interesting... At 10x less cost these may be an option - although, I'm sceptical.

How well do these cam record at night?

What is their field of view? HD ?

I guess its most important to be able to capture a number plate at night...

They make good raffle prizes/charitable donations. Feedback from recipients has been positive.

Re numberplates; HD CCTV from the local authorities (traffic lights/jcts etc) is available at the cost of a disk.

Most models can be reviewed on youtube.

Edited by evadgib

Hello,

I also think that a screen is useful and all the BS that people tell about wifi, etc is just BS. Lets see if you have time to connect to your phone, especially if you are injured.

More than that I like to know that my cam is doing something, maybe other people will feel it if one day they have an accident and find that they cam didn't record anything...

One of the most reliable cam among the cheapest is:

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=NT96650

You can read everywhere, if you find a genuine of these cam (MONZIE SHOP on lazada sells genuine) you will be happy for the price.

Most of the other cheap ones are shiiite and trust me I tried many.

Now let the scientists of the forum who know everything in their dreams talk <3

Edited by thailandforumaddict

Hello,

I also think that a screen is useful and all the BS that people tell about wifi, etc is just BS. Lets see if you have time to connect to your phone, especially if you are injured.

More than that I like to know that my cam is doing something, maybe other people will feel it if one day they have an accident and find that they cam didn't record anything...

You can read everywhere, if you find a genuine of these cam (MONZIE SHOP on lazada sells genuine) you will be happy for the price.

I guess that one would be okay if you are happy with a front only camera with a short recording loop.

I'll address the last two posts:

Re numberplates; HD CCTV from the local authorities (traffic lights/jcts etc) is available at the cost of a disk.

I've twice needed to rely on CCTV - we discovered that on both occasions CCTV camera was just the housing - The Camera itself was not installed.

This became public knowledge a few years back... Someone had pulled a fast one !...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723126-bma-no-more-dummy-surveillance-cameras-in-bangkok-100000-baht-reward-if/

I wouldn't want to rely on the fact that the City has the capacity to check the CCTV of an escaping vehicle (if hit and run).

The CCTV if working may not capture the full event. We've seen this in numerous incidents in the news (the latest of which was the Anna Reese accident - where CCTV captured her car moving minutes / seconds before the accident, but not the accident itself).

That said: a 900 baht dash-cam is better than none.

Valid points: Especially the part about trying to access the Data if injured. Connecting the Phone Via Wifi does take a minute.

I'm using the Wifi, from a personal point of view I don't think its BS - I'd rather my Cam is tucked away out of sight. I can't see it from my driving position.

After doing plenty of research this was my preference.

I guess the only issue would be if I was seriously injured. However, in this case the 'blame game' wouldn't require instant evidence... the Micro-SD card can be removed and the footage can be played with the USB adapter on any computer.

The Cam gives an Audio message "BlackVue Recording" / "BlackVue in Parked Mode" / "Wifi On" / "BlackVue switching Off".... a screen isn't necessary to know if its recording or not.

------

This is all down to personal preference... I personally feel that any Dash-Cam screen needs to be large enough to be clearly seen.... i.e. at least 4"... A dash-cam with a 4" screen will be too bulky and obtrusive when placed in my windscreen. Any smaller and the image may not really be all that useful...

Hello,

I'm slightly confused, the NT 96650m that you recommend, well, just about all the cams on the link you provided are called NT 96650 and this looks like some kind of name copying attempt to mimic the US based NT 96650 which is a totally different beast altogether. Soooo, which NT 96650 do you recommend and from which manufacturer?

Hello,

I'm slightly confused, the NT 96650m that you recommend, well, just about all the cams on the link you provided are called NT 96650 and this looks like some kind of name copying attempt to mimic the US based NT 96650 which is a totally different beast altogether. Soooo, which NT 96650 do you recommend and from which manufacturer?

The cheapest one, they are all the same.

Hello,

BS? You don't need to look at a screen, since its continuously recording whatever what. It has sensors that pick up events when have parked your car, for example if someone approaches it, or crash it while parked.

I'll address the last two posts:

I've twice needed to rely on CCTV - we discovered that on both occasions CCTV camera was just the housing - The Camera itself was not installed.

This became public knowledge a few years back... Someone had pulled a fast one !...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723126-bma-no-more-dummy-surveillance-cameras-in-bangkok-100000-baht-reward-if/

I wouldn't want to rely on the fact that the City has the capacity to check the CCTV of an escaping vehicle (if hit and run).

The CCTV if working may not capture the full event. We've seen this in numerous incidents in the news (the latest of which was the Anna Reese accident - where CCTV captured her car moving minutes / seconds before the accident, but not the accident itself).

That said: a 900 baht dash-cam is better than none.

Valid points: Especially the part about trying to access the Data if injured. Connecting the Phone Via Wifi does take a minute.

I'm using the Wifi, from a personal point of view I don't think its BS - I'd rather my Cam is tucked away out of sight. I can't see it from my driving position.

After doing plenty of research this was my preference.

I guess the only issue would be if I was seriously injured. However, in this case the 'blame game' wouldn't require instant evidence... the Micro-SD card can be removed and the footage can be played with the USB adapter on any computer.

The Cam gives an Audio message "BlackVue Recording" / "BlackVue in Parked Mode" / "Wifi On" / "BlackVue switching Off".... a screen isn't necessary to know if its recording or not.

------

This is all down to personal preference... I personally feel that any Dash-Cam screen needs to be large enough to be clearly seen.... i.e. at least 4"... A dash-cam with a 4" screen will be too bulky and obtrusive when placed in my windscreen. Any smaller and the image may not really be all that useful...

1. I assumed posters would realize CCTV was suggested to compliment dashcam footage rather than replace it.

2. Screens aren't necessary. Spare SD card & 'reset' pin as explained in earlier thread are advisable.

I hope the OP & anyone looking for similar advice finds this useful :)

Edited by evadgib

I have still not seen a dashcam, that can show a numberplate, from more than 5 meters distance.

And; I'm thinking about, why it matters?. You can see the cars (brand and colours) and what they are doing.

I'm looking for the smallest dashcam with reasonable quality.

I have still not seen a dashcam, that can show a numberplate, from more than 5 meters distance.

And; I'm thinking about, why it matters?. You can see the cars (brand and colours) and what they are doing.

I'm looking for the smallest dashcam with reasonable quality.

Your right it doesn't matter when the truck that hit you does a runner tell the BIB it was silver and the number was 'the new Revo'laugh.png

Edited by kartman

In Lazada have many, from 500thb to 4000thb.Most are OK for day light, but not at night. The best ones have a 2.7 screen size, and others over 18000 thb have dual lenses (bigger picture) for front and rear views, and some have GPS capabilities...

I got the F900LHD from Center (smaller pictures) that now is in offer for just 970thb + 100 thb for the 8GB flash memory card, and works very well. Also can be used like a home photo/video camera and can be hooked to a TV and computer. If you do not need perfect night vision, this one is a very good buy for the price. Nice toy! I am having fun with it for more than a year now, and this one have a better automatic focus than many small home video cameras I had .

Many reviews of car cams in youtube to make a good decision.

post-233549-0-78274300-1437737316_thumb.

post-233549-0-61121100-1437738025_thumb.

Edited by BKResort