Don Mueang A Funny Story

bwpage3

When I first moved to Thailand, I opened an office in Don Mueang on the first floor of the Domestic Terminal to the far left.

My office was just across the hall from the Air Asia Cabin Crew offices

Right behind me, was the Catering

When I moved in the place stunk to high heaven.

I had my Thai workers moving all the furniture and we found many dead rats stuck on glue traps.

One of the gals in Air Asia told me to be careful that rats had infested the place and they were all infested into the catering next door.

I would hang out till about 8:30 PM some nights before heading into Bangkok

One particular night I was in the office and a huge rat fell through one of the ceiling tiles right onto my desk. It was hilarious as the rat was almost surfing on the tile, but when I realized how big it was it scared the crap out of me.

These rats could chew through anything.

When Don Mueang closed down that first time, we were in there moving one evening and I kid you not, there was a swarm of rats around 1000+ roaming in the main terminal and heading upstairs

It was something straight out of a horror movie.

I never ate aircraft catering after that the entire time I lived in Thailand

Rats must be good for health - there never was an epidemic during that time, right?

Edit

And why did you choose a place that stunk to high heaven for your office?

Sometimes, gotta be careful when posting - the story could become difficult to believe.

Read many stories of rats as big as small dogs being sold to Americans in Mexico, lived in LA for a couple of year as this was really big news one time, along with photographs so it was all genuine, the rats were being sold as some kind of exotic dog,

Archived