Bitumen

Anthony5

I need to seal some contact boxes in a wall from water seeping in, and by lack of a better solution, I was thinking of pouring liquid bitumen in them.

For that I would of course need bitumen blocks, which I can boil, and which are widely available in the west but never seen them in Thailand.

Does anyone know of their existence and where in the Pattaya area they are available.

A better solution to seal the boxes are also welcome.

What I'm actually looking for is a block of bitumen, so that I can pour a contact box full, with everything inside sealed into one solid pack.

In Europe they have some kind of epoxy for that purpose, but not sure if it is available here, and if it is I'm afraid it will come at a price.

Same with silicone, as I have to do 11 contact boxes, I would need a lot of silicone for that.

Lots of boat repair shops in Patts have 2 part epoxy, which is the gold standard for mundane encapsulation.

Some motor rewind shops in BKK Chinatown also sell epoxy for encapsulation. I recall about 900 baht per liter but I may be way off- it's been a few years.

I'd be reluctant to go with bitumen because it's flammable. If you do get a short, it could be catastrophic.

Maybe I am missing something here, but the best solution would be to stop the water seeping in by sealing / repairing the problem from the outside.

You're probably right, but the wires are in a tube in a 150 meter long perimeter wall, and I don't feel like cutting that wall open over the hole length and replace the tube and wiring.