Child Healthcare and Education

jamie2009

I can't say for sure if Thailand has a school leaving age the way that developed countries do. But 15 is something of a watershed year for them. That is when they get their ID card, can legally work, and can sign up for the military cadet program (males only). If they do that, they avoid the requirement for compulsory military service later on.

I can't say for sure if Thailand has a school leaving age the way that developed countries do. But 15 is something of a watershed year for them. That is when they get their ID card, can legally work, and can sign up for the military cadet program (males only). If they do that, they avoid the requirement for compulsory military service later on.

they get their id card at 7 years

According to Wikipedia,Thai's get their ID card (bat prachachon) at age 15. Unless something has changed very recently, perhaps you are referring to some sort of student ID card ?

i don't care what wikipedia says, my daughter got hers at 7

Correct sir give that man a pat on the back.

Compulsory Milltary Service ???

Thank God i aint Thai.. i would hate that....

Compulsory Milltary Service ???

Thank God i aint Thai.. i would hate that....

Yes but like the govt lottery even that may be tweaked to suit individual needs.

Let's try this over in the Family and Children forum.

Topic Moved

P.S. My wife says they get out of high school when they are 17/18. Some 16, some 19, but this is rare. As for healthcare, at government hospitals, care is free. At least from what my wife's family is telling me! LOL

Archived