Computer building/repair shop (reliable)

weary

I have a desktop computer that will not boot up anymore and I need assistance from a shop that is experienced in troubleshooting what is wrong. I am pretty sure one or more parts are fried, possibly both RAM sticks (when I first experienced the problem, removing the RAM sticks from their sockets and putting one back resolved the issue temporarily, but as of now it won't boot up with one RAM stick either, nor without RAM.

Some things I noticed performance wise prior to this have been that when watching YouTube, audio will start to stutter, sounds a little like the robotic sound you get when Skype calls go wrong. Also, general slowness in responding to mouse or keyboard commands.

I have already put the computer in the car and am ready to go. If there are any gamers or other experienced computer builders who can recommend a place to go to

I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Over the past 15 years, 'Goodspeed Computers' have built four different computers for me, and handled occasional repairs (which in all honesty would not have been needed if "I" hadn't tried to 'improve' things. There are now four outlets, two of which are in Computer Plaza facing the moat on the north-west side. The desktop shop is on the ground floor, left side rear. Just tell them what you need, i.e. gaming, graphics handling, etc., etc., and listen to their suggestions. My latest computer was put together two years ago, and has been running 24/7 ever since.

Back in the dark ages when I used Primitive Computers, GoodSpeed provided excellent service.

B300 to repair my Laptop and later when I bought a GoodSpeed built desktop, from them no charge for my Software mess ups.

Very friendly boss.

I still place all my buys for external hard drives and my last printer with them.

john

I highly recommend Mr. Jukkrit at EASYCOM, second floor of Computer City (next door to the new Power Buy on the north moat road). He is a gem... Highly competent, reasonable prices, and speedy service. For less than Bt.3000 he installed a new hard drive and a new keyboard on one of my old laptops, guaranteeing the work for six months and one year, respectively. Friends to whom I have referred Mr. Jukkrit have been equally delighted. Let me know if you want his phone number./

Goodspeed is fine for simple stuff, and the owner makes good recommendations and offers reasonable advice, is honest, etc.

for complicated issues, the best there is, hands down, is a guy on the 2nd floor of Panthip Plaza. i just looked but can't find his card at the moment, and i don't remember his name. but if you walk around to the repair shops along the back wall, you see 2 very busy shops side by side. they are the ONLY shops there that have VOM's, oscilloscopes, regulated power supplies, and a whole set up of professional electronic test and repair equipment on the benches. one shop is run by a guy who is about 28 years old and speaks English. he is excellent. his shop is on the corner of the aisle. the other shop is run by his older brother who is about 40ish and is nothing less than a Master Engineer. he even has a rig with a large microscope and he can repair CPU's! i've never seen that before anywhere. you can't miss seeing the shop as the rig takes up 25% of shop space. he can repair damaged traces on motherboards, replace chips and burned out components, basically stuff no one in the West would ever do as the labor would cost more than the cost of a new motherboard. this guy is a genius. he does not speak a single word of English. his prices are very reasonable.

the last time i was there, he had an Apple iMac taken apart in literally a thousand pieces and told me he would have it up and running by the following day.

Edited by Oscar2