Usenet with True doesn't work anymore ?

Spellforce

Since yesterday (saturday 25th jully), I can no more download anything on Usenet:

post-137429-0-17692700-1437902951_thumb.

- I'm using usenetserver.com. I've contacted their support, they don't have technical issues

- My provider is True 30mbs sysdoc

- I have a lot of “10060 errors server can not be reached” when newsleecher tries to connect
- If one thread is connected, it starts to download at 10-20 Ko/s then stops after a few seconds
I've contacted True suport and they told me that True doesn't block anything.
I've runned CCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, double checked my router settings, rebooted many times, used another client (SABnzbd) etc...
Nobody has an idea ?
Thanks smile.png

Odd that it worked before and not today. Any recent updates or changes on your system, especially with antivirus/securitysuite/firewall?

The site says they're using load-balancing servers. Possibly there's an issue with a geo-location variance on there end.

Check what DNS Server IP Addresses your PC is using for DNS resolution/lookups. It's possible someone has found a way to edit yours.
(Verify the ones in use on your Router and PC are either True ispDNS, Google Public DNS or some custom DNS that YOU manually entered).

Can you PING

usenetserver.com

news.usenetserver.com

secure.usenetserver.com

And since you seem to be connecting via secure host, check your SSL certificates.

What happens if you connect using the non-secure host/port

Verify:

Hostname: news.usenetserver.com
Ports: 119, 20, 23, 25, 3128, 7000, 8000 and 9000.

Secure Hostname (SSL): secure.usenetserver.com
Ports: 563, 443 and 8080.
(You must enable SSL for these ports to work).

I don't know if it's related but I tried a couple of torrents on my TRUE adsl yesterday and they were crawling along something awful. At about 0.5% completion I switched over to my TOT Fiber2U and the torrents were both finished in a few minutes.

Archived