Running in Jomtien and Pattaya

soistalker

I used to run on Dongtan beach at sunset or sunrise, but the last time I was there, the entire beach from the Dongtan police box northward was blocked to the shoreline with tables and chairs( and to the south as well). Morning and evenings were impossible to get runs in . That's a really nice run. Anyways. Where would be a good place to run, preferably not on pavement? I see a lot of guys running Beach Road, but I hate pavement running. Any suggestions?

Best,

SS

Edited by soistalker

Head down to the Ambassador. You can go a bit more than 1k north of it before you hit a river. South, you hit a stream relatively quickly. Sometimes there is a bridge over it. Sometimes not. If you know your way around, you can do a relatively good run on the beach there.

You can also go to the Pinnacle. Can't go too far north, but can go south for about 1km. If you want, detour around The View restaurant a bit and you are back on the beach for about 1km more. If there is a bridge, you can go all the way to Ban Amphur on the beach.

Only good at low tide!

Along beach road Pattaya Tai to Pattaya Nua round trip 5km, best time is before 630am when the tour buses started to arrive.

North half of it, from PAttya Klang to Pattaya Nua round trip 2.5km is much cleaner. You can take your pick on the pavement or on the natural sand .

Edited by Thailand J

1. Along beach road Pattaya Tai to Pattaya Nua round trip 5km, best time is before 630am when the tour buses started to arrive.

North half of it, from PAttya Klang to Pattaya Nua round trip 2.5km is much cleaner.

2. Patumnak hill 1.7km per lap, best time is in the evenings, too quiet in the mornings may not be safe.

My wife went with a neighbor's wife to Pratumnak hill a few months ago. In the morning after she dropped off the kids. Last time they'll do that. They were followed by some homeless people that came out of the bushes. Had to run to catch up to a few others nearby. Scary.