• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chucks. Everyday.

Chucks?? What's that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Taylor_All-Stars

I used to wear open footwear until the "incident" where I broke my foot. Haven't worn sandals or flip flops since. One cannot run properly when wearing them, that is a big disadvantage I learned the hard way.

You will be wearing trainers then.

LOL - "thongs" is us Amrikans' old-timey alternate name for flip-flop sandals. Of course, the other type of thong on the feet would certainly maximize airflow.... Please attempt and post pix giggle.gif

You can't beat thongs.

Thongs?? on your feet????

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Big fan of the Sanuk Sidewalk Surfers.

Sanuk sandals are great too. I like your idea of one shoe where your feet don't get too hot, but is appropriate for everywhere, scooter, dinner. Canvas top, rubber sole.

This brand Hey Dude, is from Italy. Very light. The sole is NOT as big as it looks in they picture.

post-237067-0-85351900-1438054987_thumb.

Brand name trainers (with socks, otherwise my feet would stink to high heaven). I find them comfortable, and cheaper in the long run than repeatedly buying copies.

I'm only saying brand name, not necessarily the most expensive. I got some for 4000 baht that I almost never use as they're not comfortable (sole is very thin), so just use them when 'dressing up' [ahem]. My favourites were 2800 baht from SportsWorld in Central Plaza. I got about 2 years out of them so far, but will be due for replacement soon, as I walk almost everywhere.

Rubber flip flops only if I am at the beach otherwise open toe leather sandals ( Usually without socks ) Also wear New Balance running shoes with mesh upper because I have a narrow foot and they make many widths. Use them for jogging or bike ridding exercise in general. 1 pair of black dress shoes if I am going somewhere special.

For the first year or so in Thailand I wore cheap thongs, flip flops, jandals - call them what you like - and then I started to get foot problems. Aches in my instep and in my soles. I bought some "Scholl" flip flops, and what a difference. Sure they cost more but any other form of orthodic footwear is usually enclosed and bloody hot. And the Scholls last a lot longer than the cheap stuff. I think they are money well spent. Just saying.

I like to wear Sandals with knee high socks, I get some strange looks from people, don't know why though. gigglem.gif

Seriously though, I do wear Sandals & the 'Croc' style things.

I always wear socks if I'm in a tourist area like Bangkok or Pattaya, so I keep my money down them in case I get pickpocketed.

If I wore knee high socks, no one would know as I never wear shorts.

You do realise you have just told the biggest bunch of rogues and vagabonds where you stash your cash....?

I used to wear those CROCS or at least the knock off versions of them . They are undoubtedly the ugliest footwear on the planet but so easy to get on and off when visiting the temples and other holy places. They are ,however, guaranteed to give heart-stopping moment of excitment and fear when the sole gets smooth and you enter a public toilet with a wet floor as you ice skate your way across the place hoping you don't end up in the urinal again and the back of your head on the tiles.

I now wear a pair of saconny runners with all cotton socks .

I honestly had never worn flip-flops before I came to Thailand on holiday, but now I wear them all the time, except jogging, they are so universal, go with everything....shorts, jeans, suits, er, maybe not suits. Don't really know why it took so long to discover them.

Scholl are my faves...

Edited by Ghostnigel

I like to wear Sandals with knee high socks, I get some strange looks from people, don't know why though. gigglem.gif

I always wear socks if I'm in a tourist area like Bangkok or Pattaya, so I keep my money down them in case I get pickpocketed.

You do realise you have just told the biggest bunch of rogues and vagabonds where you stash your cash....?

Maybe, but they are not going to get their hands in my socks without me seeing them, if I do, it's a hard kick in the face, then several more when they are on the ground to make sure they can't get up. The downside is if I am attacked by a bunch of ladyboys and they know the 2000Bt is in my sock. There is no foolproof method.

I also carry a wallet stuffed with paper and fish hooks, and am also back in my hotel before midnight. I never drink alcohol, so I am sober all the time.

Maybe, but they are not going to get their hands in my socks without me seeing them, if I do, it's a hard kick in the face, then several more when they are on the ground to make sure they can't get up. The downside is if I am attacked by a bunch of ladyboys and they know the 2000Bt is in my sock. There is no foolproof method.

I also carry a wallet stuffed with paper and fish hooks, and am also back in my hotel before midnight. I never drink alcohol, so I am sober all the time.

Nice one, but LB's are the same as us, one good knee in the goolies will be sufficient....lol

Not sure about the 'never drink alcohol' bit, but each to his own i guess.....by the way, you gotta floor the LB's BEFORE they can take their stillettos off, or its goodnight Eileen otherwise...555

Converse day, Ben Sherman night, flip flops at the pool or the beach, never ever those horrible sandals with all the straps- Birkenstocks and the like- if you have a girlfriend and you wear them, I can guarantee your girlfriend / wife / significant other is cheating on you. And she doesn't feel bad. Because all she has to do is picture those hideous shoes and the guilt just slides away.

havianas or if im at the island house barefoot.

i have a pair of vans and a pair of pumas if i absolutely need to wear shoes.

i have a leather pair of flip flops for bangkok formal wear

Edited by HooHaa

I used to wear those CROCS or at least the knock off versions of them . They are undoubtedly the ugliest footwear on the planet but so easy to get on and off when visiting the temples and other holy places. They are ,however, guaranteed to give heart-stopping moment of excitment and fear when the sole gets smooth and you enter a public toilet with a wet floor as you ice skate your way across the place hoping you don't end up in the urinal again and the back of your head on the tiles.

I now wear a pair of saconny runners with all cotton socks .

I agree with you on all accounts. Crocs ARE ugly, but comfortable. And YES, they DO get slippery when wet... cheesy.gif , but I haven't been as unfortunate as you slipping in a public toilet, hehe... shame man giggle.gif .

I stopped wearing them completely because they are so ugly and never matched my clothes. I wear all sorts of footwear, boots, pumps, high heels, stilletto's, sandals, flip-flops, trainers, Chucks, you name it... my shoes always match my clothes, but that's because I am female and the proportion of shoes to clothes is 3 to 1 cheesy.gif