Double Entry TR visa, Need to know the options

Hello All,

I need advice on other options to get double entry tourist visa done apart from in Vientien and Savannakhet.

Background

- British Passport

- Had 1 single entry tourist visa from Kuala Lumpur + extended 30 days.

- Have 1 double entry tourist visa from Vientien (used 1 entry + extended 30 days and now on 2nd entry + 30 days).

Questions :-

1.) What are the other thai consulars/embassies that provide a double entry visa apart from Vientien and Suvannakhet? if so, do I need a specific document for applying from that consular (a must have document)?

2.) For those who applied for a double entry visa, which thai consular/embassy do you recommend and what are your experiences with that embassy?

Thank you for your help in advance.smile.png

did ubonjoe not answer this question in your thread here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/803556-double-entry-tourist-visa/

another thread here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/189375-latest-reports-of-getting-a-visa-in-the-region/

edit added extra thread

Hello Steve187,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes he did. I asked the questions because I would like to know other options if any updates about other thai consulates/embassies that provide or stop providing double entry visa.

I will check your thread for more information.

Regards,

Savanakhet is easier but you won't have any problem at Vientiane as long you show them you have money. they may ask you for your bank account booklet or a bank statement from your country or ask you how you make money.

join a short cover letter explaining why you want stay in Thailand and explain where your money come from and write you don't work illegally , join a copy of your statement.

this is why I do and it has always worked.

I personally ad a thai reference with a thai phone number who could attest what I do in Thailand.

if you are invited by a thai friend or a thai girlfriend to visit them , ask him/her to write you an invitation letter. he or she must give a copy of his/her ID card with your application.

Edited by VIPinthailand

He said APART from Vientiane and Savanakhet...coffee1.gif

Vietnam (Hanoi / Ho Chi Mihn) does double entry. They need flight out Thailand for each entry.

Bali does double/triple same thing they need flight tickets for each entry

Savanakhet is easier but you won't have any problem at Vientiane as long you show them you have money. they may ask you for your bank account booklet or a bank statement from your country or ask you how you make money.

join a short cover letter explaining why you want stay in Thailand and explain where your money come from and write you don't work illegally , join a copy of your statement.

this is why I do and it has always worked.

I personally ad a thai reference with a thai phone number who could attest what I do in Thailand.

if you are invited by a thai friend or a thai girlfriend to visit them , ask him/her to write you an invitation letter. he or she must give a copy of his/her ID card with your application.

Thank you VIPinthailand. Your information is much appreciated.

He said APART from Vientiane and Savanakhet...coffee1.gif

Vietnam (Hanoi / Ho Chi Mihn) does double entry. They need flight out Thailand for each entry.

Bali does double/triple same thing they need flight tickets for each entry

Thank you Kitsune.

So now the options are:-

(No tickets required) 1.) Vientien 2.) Suvannakhet

(Tickets on each entry required) 1.) Vietnam 2.) Bali

I did check with South Korea, Soul. They do provide a double entry too. I asked what documents do they requires for this double entry visa, he said need a copy of flight ticket to Thailand but he didn't speak clearly so I need a confirmation if they really need only a copy of flight back to Thailand. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

I can update that Ho Chi Minh does not do a double entry tourist visa (I was there last week) only single entry. I also had to give them a copy of my flight ticket which they kept.

Edited by scotinsiam
  • Like 1

"What are the other thai consulars/embassies that provide a double entry visa apart from Vientien and Suvannakhet?"

Go to Oz, your big brother country of the UK :P Sydney is super quick with no queues, no hassles, friendly guy behind the counter & they don't ask to see tickets unlike apparently other embassies/consulates around the world.

• Like 1