Countdown begins on Phuket’s new B1.1bn underpasses

webfact

Problem with the two posts above, everyone and their brother will take these routes, so they too will end up taking just as long as the circle under construction. Not too mention, turning right from the steep uphill shortcut will result in a lot of accidents as traffic goes very fast there and will be heavier once construction begins.

Way I see it is that once they start to dig out the circle then there will be zero space left for any traffic flow 'through' the circle. I'm expecting that these so-called short cuts will be the only navigable routes from the south or even from Kata.

Just consider the chaos at Central & Samkong during tunnel constuctions, and think about how small and contricted the circle area is compared with those 2 projects.

Problem with the two posts above, everyone and their brother will take these routes, so they too will end up taking just as long as the circle under construction. Not too mention, turning right from the steep uphill shortcut will result in a lot of accidents as traffic goes very fast there and will be heavier once construction begins.

Way I see it is that once they start to dig out the circle then there will be zero space left for any traffic flow 'through' the circle. I'm expecting that these so-called short cuts will be the only navigable routes from the south or even from Kata.

Just consider the chaos at Central & Samkong during tunnel constuctions, and think about how small and contricted the circle area is compared with those 2 projects.

I thought I read in an earlier report that new roads to get around the circle have to be constructed first. Mind you if they took a big slice off each corner an underpass might not be needed.

It's that new building being constructed where the local market is on the other side of the road from Villa and HomePro.

By the size of it, I'd describe it as a clinic rather than a hospital.

I thought the land had been gifted to make a full on hospital but I guess the market people & those making money out of it decided hospital & clinic are one & the same.

It's that new building being constructed where the local market is on the other side of the road from Villa and HomePro.

By the size of it, I'd describe it as a clinic rather than a hospital.

I thought the land had been gifted to make a full on hospital but I guess the market people & those making money out of it decided hospital & clinic are one & the same.

You might be right. I have no idea.

Why not overpass? Oh yeah because underpass 3x more expensive and difficult to build. And overpass can be ready in 3-4 months.....

And would look ten times more ugly. At least all the traffic will be hidden from view, not to mention the area being more accessible to those on foot as opposed to the 'taking your life in your hands' traffic damaged pavements we have now. Hopefully a pedistrianised area free from food carts. One can dream smile.png

Why not overpass? Oh yeah because underpass 3x more expensive and difficult to build. And overpass can be ready in 3-4 months.....

And would look ten times more ugly. At least all the traffic will be hidden from view, not to mention the area being more accessible to those on foot as opposed to the 'taking your life in your hands' traffic damaged pavements we have now. Hopefully a pedistrianised area free from food carts. One can dream smile.png

Yes you are absolutely right! It is in the interest of the whole humanity that this world famous attraction, which is the Chalong Circle, has to be saved as it is. Imagine, now every day thousands of visitors from all over the world come to visit. I don't agree that that the Chalong Circle was not included in the list of the 7 wonders of the world, but the Pyramids are, this is unfair.

For this reason, I opened a petition on major social media sites, including Tinder, that this historical mistake must be changed. I am counting on you daguerreotype to join the millions that already support this petition.

SAVE THE CHALONG CIRCLE WITH AN UNDERPASS