Phuket lawyer hospitalised in pre-dawn high-speed accident

webfact

Phuket lawyer hospitalised in pre-dawn high-speed accident
Eakkapop Thongtub

1438245033_1-org.jpg
Cherng Talay lawyer Apisit Chaiyasuwan survived the high-speed impact. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A lawyer from Cherng Talay is in hospital recovering from injuries sustained when his SUV slammed into a light pole in central Phuket before dawn this this morning (July 30).

Police and rescue workers were called to the scene, on Srisoonthon Rd in Baan Manik, in central Phuket, at 4am to find the driver – named later by police as Apisit Chaiyasuwan, 46 – still trapped inside the vehicle.

First responders freed Mr Apisit and transported him to the PPAO Hospital in Rassada, where he is receiving treatment for a leg injury and chest pains.

“Mr Apisit said that he was driving from the Heroines Monument at high speed and that he either lost control of the vehicle or fell asleep at the steering wheel when he reached the bend and crashed into the light pole,” said Lt Kraisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang police.

Police have seized Mr Apisit’s SUV, a Mazda Tribute, as evidence.

“We will wait until Mr Apisit is discharged from hospital before we move ahead with any charges,” Lt Kraisorn said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-lawyer-hospitalised-in-pre-dawn-high-speed-accident-53424.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-07-30

Mr Apisit said that he was driving from the Heroines Monument at high speed and that he either lost control of the vehicle or fell asleep at the steering wheel when he reached the bend and crashed into the light pole,

I hope he will never be my lawyer if that's the best 'excuse' he can come up with ... doh

A Phuket lawyer. Isn't he the guy who had his boat capsize, and as he tried to swim to shore with others, the sharks attacked everyone but him. When he reached the shore someone commented on his amazing escape from the sharks. "Not really," he replied with a smile. "More like professional courtesy."

cheesy.gif

hope they checked his blood alcohol levels.

Chest pains, instant excuse for not being able to take a breath test, or not being asked to do so. I wonder if the hospital doctor was consulted on any problem with him taking the test or supplying blood ?

Mr Apisit said that he was driving from the Heroines Monument at high speed and that he either lost control of the vehicle or fell asleep at the steering wheel when he reached the bend and crashed into the light pole,

I hope he will never be my lawyer if that's the best 'excuse' he can come up with ... doh

"I hope he will never be my lawyer" - I hope, for your sake, you will never need a lawyer. :)

Why the uproar about a blood alcohol test? A 10k fine won't make any difference.

A 10k fine might not make a difference, but a void insurance policy, because he was intoxicated, might hurt his wallet a little more.

Yes, but that does not happen here.