Thai Expat TV no longer accepts Paypal?

MJKT2014

I just went to pay my Thai Expat TV bill, and notice Paypal option has gone from menu. No notice from them about up front I aware of?

Now there appears some convoluting payment method involving Thai phone number and printing out a receipt to take to a Thai shop to pay!!! Am I missing something here or are they about to lose some customers?

I don't even have access to a printer!

Edited by MJKT2014

Expect invadeIT is just not willing to absorb the PayPal fee like other merchants do. And maybe PayPal has got too many refund requests due to Thai Expat service and PayPal has dropped Thai Expat. Or maybe Thai Expat just don't want to pay a PayPal fee anymore. So many different possible reasons.

They only do bank transfers for 3 months periods and I don't need it every month back to back due to location changes. (but the 3 months bill is cheaper than 3 x 1 months!).

Otherwise - now one has to pay the invoice (plus a service fee) at any of these locations:

post-228681-0-03343900-1438432089_thumb.

* Anyone know if it's possible to pay this online from my computer now (I have a KBank account/shopping debit card) or do I physically have to go to a shop (or ATM?) to do this with the invoice pay code bar code and or 12 or 15 digit pay code I have on the invoice?

They only do bank transfers for 3 months periods and I don't need it every month back to back due to location changes. (but the 3 months bill is cheaper than 3 x 1 months!).

Otherwise - now one has to pay the invoice (plus a service fee) at any of these locations:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

* Anyone know if it's possible to pay this online from my computer now (I have a KBank account/shopping debit card) or do I physically have to go to a shop (or ATM?) to do this with the invoice pay code bar code and or 12 or 15 digit pay code I have on the invoice?

Just had the same thing happen with 365TV and it seemed a bit of a "bummer", this esp as I don't have a printer, so they sent me a code number on my phone and I went to nearest 7/11 and paid over the counter.........all pretty easy really.

Tell them you don't have a printer and they'll send you a code via your mobile.

The Thai Expat TV web site boasts:

>Watch UK TV live or on demand in Asia.....Enjoy your favorite British TV anywhere!

but we can only pay for it by dragging our butts down to the local 7Eleven! I don't think there will be any counter services where I am going next week!

This is not progress - I still haven't got time to do it yet, and probably won't bother with the poor summer TV schedule anyway. Had Thai Expat TV kept Paypal they would have had my money in a mouse click already.

The Thai Expat TV web site boasts:

>Watch UK TV live or on demand in Asia.....Enjoy your favorite British TV anywhere!

but we can only pay for it by dragging our butts down to the local 7Eleven! I don't think there will be any counter services where I am going next week!

This is not progress - I still haven't got time to do it yet, and probably won't bother with the poor summer TV schedule anyway. Had Thai Expat TV kept Paypal they would have had my money in a mouse click already.

I'm sorry but anyone in Thailand that says that they have no time to get to a 7/11 is living in a totally different Thailand to the one I know. They are everywhere and if that is no good you can pay at your banks ATM.

If you have the time to watch Expat tV then you have the time to get somewhere to pay for it me thinks whistling.gif

I don't blame them for ditching paypal. They are legal thieves and nothing more. they still have over $2000 from my account which they refuse to return

There's an old saying "The customer is always right". That's me. I still haven't paid TETV yet.

I thought I'd play along with the ATM route as that is closer and less time consuming that fighting the queue jumpers at a 7Eleven. I tried Krunsri ATM as per the TETV (Paysbuy) invoice. https://www.paysbuy.com/help-detail-44.aspx. However the only Krunsri ATM in town had no bill payment option. I only have a KBank ATM card, not sure if that is issue?

In a few days I'll be travelling in and out of Thailand where there will be no counter services.

One other note of interest is their invoice is now using Paybuys and even if one has a Paybuys account (like I do) I cannot use it to pay the TETV invoice online.

Well it's been over a week, TETV cut me off for late payment and I haven't had the time or inclination to go outside to look for a 7Eleven to pay their new system of invoicing.

However I am happy! I've since found everything I ever watched on TETV and more with Kodi addons such as the BBC iPlayer addon and m3u playlists that I have saved myself 600THB a month;-) Thanks TETV for changing my life for the better.

I found them very accommodating when my subscription expired,a couple of emails later explaining I would prefer over the counter payment service via tesco 7/11 etc and I received a paysbuy slip which I printed off and took to tesco when I did my shopping and they gave me the service.

That's me for a year now,I see no ships only hardships.

Jeez , I remember havig to go to GPO To make an International call.....wait in line for 20 min and then wait to be called when the call went thru......quite a few less people living here in the good old days.