Thai Army Chief says elections could be delayed

webfact

It's code talk for something that's not allowed to be discussed

You're spot on with that but putting the obvious aside the way things have been going I think ' could ' should read ' will ' as I sense the PM and pals are in no rush to relinquish power and anything will do as an excuse to hold on.

An election after October 2015, which is true, it will be, how long after, well who knows, when the time is right, whenever that might be. Its not worth getting excited about when the elections will take place, we all know its a while off, but whilst there is no violence and some corruption is disappearing, then things are moving slowly in the right direction. Remember this is not a democracy like we have been used to in the west, this is not the west and they have to eventually come out with something that works for Thailand, not the UK or USA or wherever.

18 or so coups before the first game changing coup have not helped either, how is this one any different?

Exactly. I have posed the same question to the cheerleaders but, of course, no answer.

So again, ginjag, djjamie, halloween et al; why will this time around be any different?? My impression is that you really don't care as long as the Shins are out because as we all know they (or rather the bogeyman in Dubai) invented corruption in Thailandblink.png

why will this time around be any different??

Well, we're lead to believe that "reforms" will make all the difference now, and this latest Constitution du Jour, will last forever.

Remember folks, the Junta will be here all week, and tip your waitress.

Edited by bamnutsak

An election after October 2015, which is true, it will be, how long after, well who knows, when the time is right, whenever that might be. Its not worth getting excited about when the elections will take place, we all know its a while off, but whilst there is no violence and some corruption is disappearing, then things are moving slowly in the right direction. Remember this is not a democracy like we have been used to in the west, this is not the west and they have to eventually come out with something that works for Thailand, not the UK or USA or wherever.

18 or so coups before the first game changing coup have not helped either, how is this one any different?

Exactly. I have posed the same question to the cheerleaders but, of course, no answer.

So again, ginjag, djjamie, halloween et al; why will this time around be any different?? My impression is that you really don't care as long as the Shins are out because as we all know they (or rather the bogeyman in Dubai) invented corruption in Thailandblink.png

By Nong's logic these last 19 coups should of over time completely eradicated mass corruption in Thailand. I wonder why they haven't, it's almost as if one faction are completely above re-approach and seem to get away with just as much if not more than the dirty politicians whistling.gif

There is only one definition of democracy. There is not Thai democracy and the rest of the world democracy.

One person, one vote. Not the military having weighted votes in the parliament. Under no circumstances does that fit the definition of democracy.

Right now Thailand is favoring its' oligarchs who are really controlling Prayuth.

Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

As well as a few birthdays spent in the grey bar hotel. "Think before you ink."

This is no surprise...for the new Thai government...tomorrow never comes...

I fear that if the military regime does not hold elections by next year...it will encourage disgruntled Thais to plan their own coup...a blood bath of biblical proportions could be in the offering...

Even if they suspect a delay...they should keep their mouths shut...duh...

"However, Udomdet added that if certain events were to transpire, the military might remain in power longer.
He did not specify what those events might be."

That's exactly what investors want to hear.
No wonder that the economy contract and investments moving to other countries.

Re: I think everyone is reading the "road-map" differently? Upside down, sideways, backwards - and no one really knows where they are on the "map", and everyone seems to want to provide "directions".

ThaiVisa pop quiz. Which is fictional?

a) Father Christmas

B) Tooth Fairy

c) Democracy Road Map

d) Spongebob

e) all of the above

PS Has anyone actually seen this road map?

I predict Aung San Suu Kyii will be President of Myanmar before there are elections in Thailand.wink.png

I agree,

Myanmar people will get learned and accept democracy faster than Thais !

Thais are thinking - domocracy - means free corruption and crime with a RTP - which will drive the economy further;

I have no problem if we have the military on the ball for the next 20 years !!

I really am disappointed with her; I've admired her for years and can't believe that she is just ignoring the issue and pretending it's not there.

She is the most overhyped woman in the world (apart from Hillary Clinton), always has been ever since the media identified her as their 'darling' in Asia.

"However, Udomdet added that if certain events were to transpire, the military might remain in power longer.
He did not specify what those events might be."

Good weather,Bad weather,The sun rising in the East, Darkness at nightime...

I predict Aung San Suu Kyii will be President of Myanmar before there are elections in Thailand.wink.png

Pity the super woman is not here to rid all this brainwashed opposition on TVF from slagging every day. Of course she would walk through an election here not get in with 35% and have to pay (it has been said ) for suitable party's to form a coalition so they could reap the country of vast resources.

She would chair a rice committee and would stay in the country most of the time, and would speak honestly to the people. Just sayingthumbsup.gif

Actually, I've lost a lot of respect for her since the whole Rohingya thing blew up. I expected her to come out fighting for them, urging the government to recognise them as citizens and encouraging the masses to live peacefully with them. The silence from her has been somewhat deafening.

I really am disappointed with her; I've admired her for years and can't believe that she is just ignoring the issue and pretending it's not there.

Where would she stand if she is not silent about the issue. Just saying.

Pity the super woman is not here to rid all this brainwashed opposition on TVF from slagging every day. Of course she would walk through an election here not get in with 35% and have to pay (it has been said ) for suitable party's to form a coalition so they could reap the country of vast resources.

She would chair a rice committee and would stay in the country most of the time, and would speak honestly to the people. Just sayingthumbsup.gif

Actually, I've lost a lot of respect for her since the whole Rohingya thing blew up. I expected her to come out fighting for them, urging the government to recognise them as citizens and encouraging the masses to live peacefully with them. The silence from her has been somewhat deafening.

Yes unfortunately, it has certainly taken a bit of the shine off what she did previously.

Yes unfortunately, it has certainly taken a bit of the shine off what she did previously.

Maybe she isn't much interested in some more house arrest.