Thai govt envoy admits crush on China

webfact

Nice for the General to be polite but this is PUKE material.

Being Thai and therefore No. 1 I'm surprised he didn't suggest Mr. Wang should fall in love with him.

Given Thailand's famous third gender, the Chinese gentleman's concerned confusion at how to respond is understandable.

While I am no fan of all power house nations way of doing things (they are all built to serve the elite, that includes the USA) I would rather that broken model than China's very repressive one.

The longer this goes on the more freedoms in Thailand will be repressed. Mark my words.

While this stupidity was taking place, the foreign minister just lost the potential of billions of baht of exports. It won't make the news in Thailand, but at the TPP negotiations in Maui, Japan and the USA had reached a deal on automobiles, their components and market access.

The Trans Pacific Partnership aka TPP is arguably one of the most important trade negotiations underway and could have helped Thailand's floundering economy had Thailand been a participant. This agreement would have seen Japan use parts from Thailand and not Mexico or Canada. Mexico and Canada who have vital investments in the sector have stopped the deal. It was predicted that in excess of 100,000 jobs in North America would have been lost with the transfer to Asia, particularly Thailand.

Had Thailand not ignored the TPP things most likely would have been different. The generals of Bangkok appear to be absolutely clueless when it comes to building the Thai economy. I still can't believe this hasn't been reported by any Thai media.

and not only that but Thailand auto parts manufacturers could have used other provisions of the TPP to sue Japan for damaging their future profits, and have the case heard in a closed door arbitration court above the laws of all the participating countries and open to "persuasion".

The TPP is a modern Trojan horse for rich companies to rape poor countries.

"If I were a woman I will fall in love with his excellency," he told reporters in English, much to the surprise of China’s top foreign envoy who appeared somewhat unsure how to respond.

Yeah well, its probably not easy to respond to lunacy like this - China´s envoy should be careful the Thai General dont Loose face cause then nobody know what will happen so just have the encounter at his hotelroom later and all is well ... whistling.gif

Personally I would love to see China take over Thailand. I've witnessed how Shenzhen in less than twenty years has changed form a backwater rural community into one of the world most vibrant city. Chinese are no-nonsense business minded people who have proved they can easily grow and prosper in Thailand. Since Thailand has decided to widely open the doors, we can expect an even more rapid take over in the coming years. Will the old Thail elite like it ? As they share the same disdain for freedom of speech we will probably never know ;-)

The old Thai elite ? They are off-course, mainly a bunch of Chinese-Thais. As China turns up and 'takes over' Thailand, well, the Thai ruling elite do actually know that THEIR power and dominance is being diluted.

The Thai ruling elite are stuck, they want to benefit fom the Chinese who going to buy up Thailand, but they also don't like when the Chinese companies benefit the most from these investments and projects.

China is like a very slick and savvy con-artist. They will tell you everything you want to hear, they will make it seem like all your dreams will come true if you will only follow them down the "yellow brick road"...then when the sting comes you will find you have lost everything.

Good luck Thailand.

Yeah, yeah.

And when American and EU companies turn up in Thailand, operarting hotels that cater for European and American tourists, and when EU and Japanese manufacturers turn up in Thailand to set up their factories, when Japan turns up to build a railway-line, well, that's called " much needed investment in Thailand".

But when China does it, it's called "exploiting and taking over Thailand". :)

So great was the threat from China to Thailand during the 1950s that the Eisenhower administration prepared special evacuations (using Helio Couriers, no less) for certain important political and cultural figures in Thailand. The country was just a hair from being turned into what Laos would become in the 1970s. Oh, well, Better late than never.

It is also possible general is gay and got caught in the moment smile.png

Too right, I mean, according to a study from a couple of years ago it was estimated that around 25% of all men in Bangkok are gay, although my unscientific analysis suggests that the percentage is much higher than this, perhaps 50%. Even if it were only 25%, it's perhaps one of the highest proportion of gay people anywhere in the world.

And of course there is nothing wrong with that.

But with those kind of odds, there is every chance the general is gay and as I said there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think the Chinese would be surprised either. Most Chinese associate Thailand with gays, ladyboys and prostitutes. At least one close Chinese friend always makes fun of me for living here, thinking I'm here for these things, LOL. Well, for the record, I'm not.

China is like a very slick and savvy con-artist. They will tell you everything you want to hear, they will make it seem like all your dreams will come true if you will only follow them down the "yellow brick road"...then when the sting comes you will find you have lost everything.

Good luck Thailand.

Thailand is like a very slick and savvy con-artist. They will tell you everything you want to hear, they will make it seem like all your dreams will come true if you will only follow them down the "yellow brick road"...then when the sting comes you will find you have lost everything.

Good luck China.

Anyone remember that deal a few years back, was lichees or lingonberries? Big trade deal with China, Thailand was to sell them tons of the things. The money was collected but nothing was delivered.