Crackdown on human-smuggling continues in Thailand

webfact

TRANSNATIONAL TRAFFICKING
Crackdown on human-smuggling continues

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Efforts to crackdown on human trafficking continue, with national police chief General Somyot Poompanmuang yesterday handing over policies to concerned police officials that aim to ensure successful suppression operations.

Somyot called the meeting of related officials from 22 coastal provinces to report the progress of measures they have taken to curb human trafficking.

The country's report on human trafficking, complied between September 2014 and June this year, was read out.

It includes the US State Department's 2015 Trafficking in Persons report, which is damning of Thailand, progress in Rohingya trafficking cases and the United Nation's illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing report. The UN has been highly critical of Thailand's fishing industry.

Somyot said the country's continued efforts to suppress human trafficking were not only aimed at persuading the US to upgrade Thailand from the lowest Tier 3 but make Thailand a country widely accepted by the world community for its good practices.

He said the Prayut administration had been able to solve the human trafficking problem with outstanding achievements and concrete results, unlike elected governments that had failed to solve the problem for fear of losing political support.

The National Legislative Assembly's panel on foreign affairs lashed out at the US government for maintaining Thailand at Tier 3.

Foreign affairs committee chairman Pilaipan Sombatsiri questioned the credibility of the TIP report, saying it failed to correctly respond to Thailand's numerous measures and concrete fulfilment in cracking down on human trafficking.

She said the US Senate was launching a probe to investigate alleged irregularities over the report because some senators disapproved of its and suspected there was a political motivation behind Thailand's ranking.

Songsuda Yodmanee, adviser to the committee, said the US and Thailand had been long-time allies but the report reflected the opposite reality.

"As a US alumnus, I am greatly disappointed. I would like the US to make a fair judgement and not link the issue with politics so we can maintain our long-standing friendship,'' she said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Crackdown-on-human-smuggling-continues-30266120.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-07

Thailand's efforts to suppress human trafficking is a facade. Smoke and mirrors. Thais don't care about suppressing, they only care about their level on the list. They lobbied the State Depart nonstop. Fortunately, the JTIP group didn't fall for Thai double talk an kept them where they belong at Tier 3 where they clearly belong.

For the NLA panel on Foreign affairs to call the report political is correct, but not the way implied... the politics was to improve rankings without justification... The politics for Thailand was that it's ranking was not artificially improved...

Thailand "earned" it's spot on the list.

I think the words of the lady quoted in the last sentence needs some translation :

" The US should have understood us, ignored everything and should see things our way. "

Or better still,do it Thai Way,amend the last two words for the national anthem.

post-240734-0-44825300-1438906205_thumb.

The woman is clearly not fit to be a member of the NLA and she is not alone. Thailand is doing the absolute minimum to punish the people in the top tier of this gruesome crime because the shame of so many senior government, military and police senior officers being complicit is beyond what face can tolerate. Plus the money flows to those at the very top so why murder the golden egg laying goose.

I think the words of the lady quoted in the last sentence needs some translation :

" The US should have understood us, ignored everything and should see things our way. "

.....that was the 'reasoning' I have been fed...every time...just before getting slandered and fired.....

...for trying to do things 'right' or 'better'.....

...corruption...complicity rule !!!

...and unless you have any clout or immunity...you get washed away with it....and the scoundrels laugh all the way to the bank....

...look at the airline fiascos just coming to light....

...education......

...etc...

"I would like the US to make a fair judgement and not link the issue with politics so we can maintain our long-standing friendship,''

That long-standing relationship disappeared with the Junta's 2014 Security Agreements with China and Russia. Since then the Junta has repeatedly celebrated Thailand's long-standing friendship not only with Russia and China but also with North Korea.

Didn't the Junta think the USA wouldn't retalitate politically when the Junta aligns itself with USA's opponents? The Junta fails to effectively represent Thailand in global affairs.

Songsuda Yodmanee, adviser to the committee, said the US and Thailand had been long-time allies but the report reflected the opposite reality.

"As a US alumnus, I am greatly disappointed. I would like the US to make a fair judgement and not link the issue with politics so we can maintain our long-standing friendship,'' she said.

Apperently she think Americans has IQ-level as her (approx 25-30 I guess) ... Thailand belong on Tier 3 and can praise them self there is not a Tier 4 but maybe that can come since this country should ...

Cant wait when shortly Thai Aviation is gonna be bend over and shown the 50 states ... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif