Suggestions for laid back places to visit near Jomtien ?

mike111

Mates,

Jomtien (and Pattaya to a greater extent) have become much more crowded with tourists of all sorts and it's kind of drifting away from what I prefer as relaxed spot to spend a vacation at.

So I'm looking for other locations, further south of Jomtien which would be much more laid back and not overcrowded with tourists, but would still offer the atmosphere of Pats/Jomtien, namley, some bars to relax, decent beaches etc.

Any spots you could suggests which are easily accessible with a minivan/bus and are within 1-2 hours from Jomtien?.

Cheers

There are baht buses, minivans and, big buses that go down Sukhumvitt. The hardest part would be getting to Sukhumvit. Once you get to Tesco/Lotus, you've got it made.

No problem if you go back before dark. Public transportation mostly shuts down after dark.

There are baht buses, minivans and, big buses that go down Sukhumvitt. The hardest part would be getting to Sukhumvit. Once you get to Tesco/Lotus, you've got it made.

No problem if you go back before dark. Public transportation mostly shuts down after dark.

Oh, I forgot to mention...

Don't take the light blue baht buses. They'll turn off Sukhumvitt to go to Huai Yai!

You mentioned you wanted to get away from the tourists. You'll find the Thais very friendly and helpful, but you must have rudimentary Thai language skills. If not, take someone who speaks Thai with you! There are some that you find along the way that do speak English, but remember it's not where the tourists normally go!

Edited by BB1950

I can't believe anyone has not suggested Bang Saray beach. If you are talking about a day trip, this would be my first choice, but not on a Thai holiday. It will be packed on those days, and tranquil the rest of the time. Great views, great restaurants. Living in Pattaya, I try to go there twice a month. Just beautiful

I can't believe anyone has not suggested Bang Saray beach. If you are talking about a day trip, this would be my first choice, but not on a Thai holiday. It will be packed on those days, and tranquil the rest of the time. Great views, great restaurants. Living in Pattaya, I try to go there twice a month. Just beautiful

Sounds interesting.

Is there a direct minivan Jomtien->Bang Saray, say, similar to the one which goes to Bangkok?

If it's a minivan from Sukhumvit road, how do you which one goes where? I don't recall ever seeing English signage on them.

Cheers

Also Na jomtien by the Pinnicle Hotel .The Hotel has chairs for customers on the beach ,but further up the beach is mostly deserted .There is also a small sea Village next to the Pinnicle ,with a nice cheap restaurant directly by the beach but covered in .Bang Saray as stated is also good ,and has some great sea food restaurants by the fishing boat area .We used go by scooter ,but have also done a deal with a van driver .

I went to bang saray 2 months ago, stayed 2 nights and couldn't stand the nasty smelling beach water. The last day there It was really bad. Took family to Jomtein beach, rented a condo for a month. Much better.

To the OP - rent a motorbike and go explore. To bang saray its 20 km, ban chang has numerous beaches full of nothingness, well except garbage.

Sattahip beaches are supposed to be nice.