Honda Wave 125i 32K km Service

nivram4491

I bought my Honda Wave new and it just reached 32K km so I thought it was time for a thorough service. The Honda has been really fantastic as I haven't had any problems with it apart from the usual tire (tyre - please let's not go there!) punctures.

Replaced the front and back brake shoes, a new chain with new front and back sprockets, 2 headlight globes (bulbs - ditto from above) and an oil change.

It took about an hour with two mechanics working on it - one on the front and one on the back. All up, it only cost me 960 Baht, I was very impressed with the service and when I think about what the service would involve in Australia I am doubly impressed.

Not all service in Thailand is bad.

I bought my Honda Wave new and it just reached 32K km so I thought it was time for a thorough service. The Honda has been really fantastic as I haven't had any problems with it apart from the usual tire (tyre - please let's not go there!) punctures.

Replaced the front and back brake shoes, a new chain with new front and back sprockets, 2 headlight globes (bulbs - ditto from above) and an oil change.

It took about an hour with two mechanics working on it - one on the front and one on the back. All up, it only cost me 960 Baht, I was very impressed with the service and when I think about what the service would involve in Australia I am doubly impressed.

I have a great guy in Pattaya's Soi Kopai at crissroads near Tesco across the street , down a littlecheap and trust worthy, I drop buy Cokes when I cruise by, their the Best

I have a great guy in Pattaya's Soi Kopai at crissroads near Tesco across the street , down a littlecheap and trust worthy, I drop buy Cokes when I cruise by, their the Best

Hmm... Do you think Pattaya's worth the ride from Northern Thailand? Probably need an oil change by then.

Where did you have this done? Sounds like a good place to head to.

David

I got the service on Hang Dong Road. Heading north from Hang Dong back towards Chiang Mai, it is roughly 300 meters before Kad Farang, but on the opposite side of the road.

The approximate Google Map coordinates are 18.699593, 98.929312 give or take 100 meters.

If the valve clearances werent done , spark plug not changed , fuel filter not changed , air filter not changed , and carb not set up , then id go back for a proper service , or better still , go to a better garage .

I didn't go to the shop with the intention of getting the engine serviced. They did the service that I asked for.

When my Honda gives me some indication that the engine requires service I will have the engine serviced, but probably in a Honda dealer shop.

In ref to OPs comment on service in Australia. Just had my immaculate scooter serviced (18000km) - required a 120km round trip. Six hour wait - usually its "pick it up tomorrow". I provided oil. They checked fluid. Nothing else to do except change filter. I had a new belt and rollers fitted. Cost 12500 Bht - yes, that is twelve thousand five hundred! Can't wait to get back to CM.

In ref to OPs comment on service in Australia. Just had my immaculate scooter serviced (18000km) - required a 120km round trip. Six hour wait - usually its "pick it up tomorrow". I provided oil. They checked fluid. Nothing else to do except change filter. I had a new belt and rollers fitted. Cost 12500 Bht - yes, that is twelve thousand five hundred! Can't wait to get back to CM.

I would defenitely be doing it myself in that case .Was in Pert myself 2 years ago ,and was staggered at the general prices .I come from Ireland which i thought expensive ,but Australia done my head in .

Hmm... Do you think Pattaya's worth the ride from Northern Thailand? Probably need an oil change by then.

whoops, but I would put in truck if I was going to Patts

Archived