Speeding Mitraprap

MichaelJohn

Some help please.

I travel on Mitraprap road a lot between Bangkok and Korat and have been "done" by a camera the last twice I've done the journey; both times around Saraburi.

I understood that although the actual speed limit is 80kph they don't enforce anything until you exceed 120kph. I was told this by a policemen who stopped me many years ago doing 123kph! Having received this bit of advice I tend to keep my speed just below 120kph.

Recently was doing 115, I guess my normal speed; the speed camera was just past a City Limit sign (for those who know the area KM mark 18 heading north east of Saraburi), and I understand the rules are that the speed limit is 90 in the City Limit despite it not saying anything at the road side to warn you of this.

The second time I was doing 95 (Km mark 24 north east of Saraburi); I've no idea why the limit is less than 95 unless they suddenly chose to enforce the national speed limit of 80kph on the day I was passing????

I'm interested what to do; keep forking out the B1,000, drive everywhere at 80kph or less ......... any help or advice would be most appreciated.

On a final note, when you enter a City Limit area and there's the yellow sign saying City Limit I now reduce my speed to less than 90kph; when does this area finish as I've never seen a sign which says "End of City Limit".

Archived