Some food for thought or is this guy out of his mind?

Tomtomtom69

Just found an interesting (albeit disturbing) blog about traveling in different countries including a major piece on Cambodia, with some topics on other SE Asian countries and other countries the author has visited as well. Reading just one or two paragraphs on any article about Cambodia clearly gives the impression the author thinks Cambodia is one big scam, full of the worst of humanity.

Although he makes some good points, the tone of most of his blog is extremely negative and comes across as being rather condescending and in some respects also just plain exaggerated.

Although much of the content was written in 2010, comments have continued to come in until 2014, so relatively recently.

What do you guys think?

I read that and thought he was one of the biggest tossers on the face of the planet. To date, number of times I've been scammed in S E Asia? Once. Total cost to me over what I should have paid? $5. Not worth an article is it? People only get scammed when they let themselves be (and I was got because I was drunk and my friend was apocalyptically drunk). My fault, move on.

This link not only denigrate Cambodia but the entirety of SE Asia and makes extremely offensive slurs regarding all SEA peoples. The link has been removed accordingly as forum rules prohibit slurs based on race, ethnicity, etc. That extends to the posting of links to such slurs.

Things like (In essence) "all (nationality or race) people are pigs/eat/act like pigs", tells you nothing at all about the people being referred to....but a great deal about the speaker.

Yeah that's what I thought. I mean no way Cambodia is as bad as the author of this blog was making it out to be. Fortunately, people with his opinions are in the minority. But I did find his story about a fellow Canadian he met in Malaysia interesting. That guy lives in Indonesia and loves the fact he can pay off police etc. which is not allowed at all in Canada. Two different worlds that's for sure.

Archived