Powerful bomb thrown into Chao Phraya river beneath Taksin bridge

webfact

Bloody hell what's happening. Hope they catch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe only one lunatic ? The same guy spotted yesterday on cctv ?

Would love to believe so, but I am afraid it is something bigger.

And this guy is the most wanted man in Thailand.

He would be very crazy to walk in the sun.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was no firework, the level of stupidity on this forum has reached new highs, you people are watching too many movies

I had to laugh at the comment that there are fireworks that can do this, that would be one hell of a cracker lol.

at saphan thaksin no less.

things that make you go hmmm.

Its Taksin not Thaksin. Different spellings and pronunciations in Thai.

In the context of this forum and the enormity of what's happening that kind of nitpicking over spelling is unnecessary and irrelevant

No in this case it is important: One Taksin is a former King, the other Thaksin is a former PM and criminal on the run.

So the bridge hasn't the name of the former PM

Please read post 56 as it applies to you also .......

Edited by ikke

Nowhere near as big as Erawan explosion, a firework would do as much. Doubt these are connected.

For the love of God, I have tried hard to not respond to the two days of the Thai Visa Psychic Forensic unit GUESSING out their butt hole what is going on , but in this case, I have reached the end of my tether.

How could you possibly write something so profoundly stupid at a time like this when we come here to get NEWS that MATTERS?

how could you possibly reach this conclusion.

Tell me where you are, i will buy you a bottle of whatever you are drinking, if it will shut your pie hole for the afternoon.

My wife drives across that bridge every evening on the way home .. now could you kindly clear the way so the adults can share information and get on with the serious business of protecting our families?

I need to determine if she needs to use the other bridges.

Thank you in advance... for shutting up for a moment while others look for VALUABLE INFORMATION from our Expat peers.

My friends commute by ferry using that pier -- it's solid with people at rush hour. They're thinking the police and army will saturate the area so it's probably safer than the next, unguarded pier. Hopefully the ferries themselves will not be hit -- they are so full at rush hour it doesn't bear thinking about.

Disclosed information:

1) the bomb at Sathon pier bounced off of a hard surface before falling into the water and exploding;

2) the bomb that exploded at Erawan was a pipe bomb with 3kg. of gun powder, 'not consistent' with the ones made in the Deep South;

3) a second, unexploded, bomb was discovered at Erawan, hidden in a motorbike;

4) a third bomb was found and defused at Gaysorn.

When this is not a 'bombing campaign', what is it?

IMO, who could be committing such criminal acts, starting from the least likely:

1) extremist 'circles' around Thai nationalists or the military (very crazy because totally contra-productive for them in the short term and long run, but I list it just to satisfy our local denialists who will come up to shrug off any possible responsibilty from their side using that kind of crap...)

2) international terrorist organisations (nothing pointing in that direction at the time, and I doubt such organisations have 'the logistics' in Thailand to plant 4 explosive devises in less than 24h.);

3) 'wardogs', mercenary killers, à la 'men in black' (paid by, acting for whom, the same as 'highly suspected' before, and shown in pictures and video?);

4) some, to becalled, 'rogue elements' within or associated to the red shirts' UDD (which, with their 'master' and 'sponsor', would be evident beneficiaries

from destabilision...)

Of course, nothing clear yet, but no conjectures here, only depicting the scene, as IMO.

Edited by bangrak

Nowhere near as big as Erawan explosion, a firework would do as much. Doubt these are connected.

For the love of God, I have tried hard to not respond to the two days of the Thai Visa Psychic Forensic unit GUESSING out their butt hole what is going on , but in this case, I have reached the end of my tether.

How could you possibly write something so profoundly stupid at a time like this when we come here to get NEWS that MATTERS?

Tell me where you are, i will buy you a bottle of whatever you are drinking, if it will shut your pie hole for the afternoon.

My wife drives across that bridge every evening on the way home .. now could you kindly clear the way so the adults can share information and get on with the serious business of protecting our families?

Thank you in advance... for shutting up for a moment while others look for VALUABLE INFORMATION from our Expat peers.

I hope that all is as well as can be and that your wife has/ had a safe trip home.

One thing both places have in common is that they are dominated mostly by Chinese tourists at the moment which are the bulk of foreigners visiting Thailand these days. Just speculation but there has been a lot of anger towards the Chinese tourists in response to how they behave when they visit LoS.

There is also a lot of evidence that the country is trying to reduce globalization and revert back to a more nationalistic social order due to the perceived damage that large scale tourism and foreign investment has brought.

Hope all is as well as can be and that your wife has/ had a safe journey home

Yes I was exaggerating, the point being this explosion was nowhere near as intense as the one at Erawan. Calm down old boy you'll give yourself a hernia!

Bomb thrown from Taksin Bridge into Sathorn Canal
The Nation

30266860-01_big.jpg
Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri, spokesperson of the Royal Thai Police

BANGKOK: -- A bomb was thrown from the Taksin Bridge near the Sathorn pier into the Sathorn Canal linking the Chao Phraya River at noon Tuesday, causing a loud explosion that injured no one.

Police said the explosion happened at 12:59 pm.

Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri, spokesperson of the Royal Thai Police, said the bomb contained parts similar to those found at Ratchaprasong intersection.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Bomb-thrown-from-Taksin-Bridge-into-Chao-Phraya-30266860.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-18

Disclosed information:

1) the bomb at Sathon pier bounced off of a hard surface before falling into the water and exploding;

2) the bomb that exploded at Erawan was a pipe bomb with 3kg. of gun powder, 'not consistent' with the ones made in the Deep South;

IMO, who could be committing such criminal acts, starting from the least likely:

1) extremist 'circles' around Thai nationalists or the military (very crazy because totally contra-productive for them in the short term and long run, but I list it just to satisfy our local denialists who will come up to shrug off any possible responsibilty from their side using that kind of crap...)

2) international terrorist organisations (nothing pointing in that direction at the time, and I doubt such organisations have 'the logistics' in Thailand to plant 4 explosive devises in less than 24h.);

3) 'wardogs', mercenary killers, à la 'men in black' (paid by, acting for whom, the same as 'highly suspected' before, and shown in pictures and video?);

4) some, to becalled, 'rogue elements' within or associated to the red shirts' UDD (which, with their 'master' and 'sponsor', would be evident beneficiaries

from destabilision...)

Of course, nothing clear yet, but no conjectures here, only depicting the scene, as IMO.

Do I count right:

1 Killer bomb

2 Sathon pier

3 Gayson

4 motorbike

are we really at 4 bombs, now? That is scary. And the terrorists must be complete idiots with just 25% working

I wasn't there.

I don't have access to police information or any investigation.

I didn't interview anyone that was there.

I'm not an explosives expert.

I dont know what type "firework" would cause a water spray of that high and magnitude as I'm not a fireworks expert.

I am not in a position, with my limited knowledge, to disassociate the two incidents.

I don't profess to know anymore than anyone else.

I just read and viewed the video and can't pass myself off as all-seeing, all-knowing.

I sit on my sofa/divan and not on a bar stool.

I wasn't there.

I don't have access to police information or any investigation.

I didn't interview anyone that was there.

I'm not an explosives expert.

I dont know what type "firework" would cause a water spray of that high and magnitude as I'm not a fireworks expert.

I am not in a position, with my limited knowledge, to disassociate the two incidents.

I don't profess to know anymore than anyone else.

I just read and viewed the video and can't pass myself off as all-seeing, all-knowing.

I sit on my sofa/divan and not on a bar stool.

you don't fit in here gigglem.gif

That's Saphan Taksin, whithout an "h" (ตากสิน), named for the post-Ayutthaya king who was defeated by Rama I. The Thaksin I believe you're thinking of has an "h" (ทักษิณ). Different people.

Wonder if martial law is now on the cards?.

No need to. Article 44 gives every authority (and does not sound so martial).

I was thinking more of movement curfews and such like, as to remain order. But you're right, guess I should have thought that through.

Disclosed information:

from destabilision...)

Do I count right:

1 Killer bomb

2 Sathon pier

3 Gayson

4 motorbike

are we really at 4 bombs, now? That is scary. And the terrorists must be complete idiots with just 25% working

skill up your mathematics !

3 of 4 were exploding - that counts in school mathematics as 75% !!

You obviously can not speak Thai

Or else you would not make the link

And you are obviously immune to sarcasm, pop culture references, and the parody of all the conspiracy theorist tripe being generated by the good people of thaivisa.

That's Saphan Taksin, whithout an "h" (ตากสิน), named for the post-Ayutthaya king who was defeated by Rama I. The Thaksin I believe you're thinking of has an "h" (ทักษิณ). Different people.

Got it. Ta

Looking at the Erawan footage the bomber is very calm, choosing the right time, detonating remotely... here we have an idiot throwing a bomb in a river, makes loud noise but water will ensure minimal damage, runs away.

Almost feels like someone from either side wants to piggy back off the first bombing. Yellows will say evil red shirts and reds will say there being framed for political gain after the first bomber looks to be foreigner.

;

Source?

I believe the source were early claims made on twitter last night that have since been refuted.

It's an excellent example of what the resident "intelligence" analysts on this site have been basing their pronouncements upon