Compensation by Thai government for victims of a criminal act

mrmicbkktxl

Hi,8months ago me and my friend got shot by her ex husband.I caught 5 bullets,my friend 8.I was 1week in hospital my friend 10days.Her ex husband got shot by police.I was reading there is a ;law in Thailand since 2001 what pays up to 30000Thb for the victims of a criminal act if injured and up to 100000Thb[for family] if dead.

Is that real,and if yes how to get the compensation?

Regards Mic

Assuming you're a foreign national and a tourist you'd be better off looking at what your own Govt offers victims of violent crimes abroad, along with whatever insurance/tour operator cover you may have had.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

Assuming you're a foreign national and a tourist you'd be better off looking at what your own Govt offers victims of violent crimes abroad, along with whatever insurance/tour operator cover you may have had.

HTH

Yeah,I'm German,but not a tourist I live in Thailand,anyway it is to difficult to deal with German govt about compensation.They want to know a lot and I probably have to fly back so the compensation will be used for air tickets etc.,but I will try to contact German embassy thanks for help