ebay problem

dsurin66

HI there

I paid for an item on ebay last month and didnt receive the item. I tried to contact the seller who has de-registered his ebay account. The system told me to wait until today and the message last week said ''if theres no response we will step in.... blah blah'

Today Im back in ebay trying to find the area where ebay can help me and Im going around in circles. Ive tried in the resolution centre and then another window opens that Ive already seen.

Why these companies make it so difficult to resolve an issue and get in contact with them...

Ive tried opening the customer services link but still cant find the relevant area.

Can you provide step by step instructions about how to resolve this issue? or provide a link

thanks

Had similar issue with Ebay when I reported a seller providing fake item as name item (while trying to contact seller per requirements) - Ebay immediately removed the seller and would not accept resolution center case as seller no longer a member of Ebay. They only suggested I contact PayPal for possible help. As item was received (but not real) would likely have cost me more to send back and take care of paperwork then any payment return would cover did not check further. This was a year or more ago and believe they may have better coordination today.

Had similar issue with Ebay when I reported a seller providing fake item as name item (while trying to contact seller per requirements) - Ebay immediately removed the seller and would not accept resolution center case as seller no longer a member of Ebay. They only suggested I contact PayPal for possible help. As item was received (but not real) would likely have cost me more to send back and take care of paperwork then any payment return would cover did not check further. This was a year or more ago and believe they may have better coordination today.

If you can proof the item is fake Paypal may decide that you don't need to return it, but instead destroy it.

Had 2 cases like this in the past, and in both cases I got full refund...................and items still in use as of todaybiggrin.png

I had 2 identical cases as the OP in the past 2 months, It were android boxes which were suspiciously low priced compared to similar listings.

Before I bought the items I had contacted both Ebay and Paypal and asked if this listings were legit. The answer I received was that they didn't see any issues.

After I purchased and paid for the items the listing and the sellers were removed from Ebay.

Without any action from my side I received a message from Ebay that the seller was removed and I got a full refund because the seller had not provided sufficient tracking details.

Remark in the message was that if I would receive the item later anyway, I was allowed to keep it.

I cant believe how daft the ebay software is. It says go to the purchase history pagea nd then the more actions link. That is where the 'ask ebay to step in link should be. But its not there. I think it might be because the user has de-registered. Thus maybe I should go to paypal. What a joke ebay is...

I think that since our OP actually did not receive the item PayPal (assuming he used them) is his best way forward.

This is absolutely correct!

If the time frame for the "resolution centre" has expired at ebay, it is still possible to open a dispute via PayPal.

This however requires that the item was paid for with PayPal. It's usually straight forward the procedure. If it was paid with a credit card one needs to follow up with them. Some CCs have excellent purchases protection schemes others have none.

Edited by Morakot

I cant believe how daft the ebay software is. It says go to the purchase history pagea nd then the more actions link. That is where the 'ask ebay to step in link should be. But its not there. I think it might be because the user has de-registered. Thus maybe I should go to paypal. What a joke ebay is...

Go to resolution center and choose a I didn't receive my item.

Next a screen will show where you have to select the item you complain about.

Next you go to order details.

In the order details in the more actions tab you will have a option to send the seller a message, even when the seller is delisted that option is still available.

Send message with your grieves, the message will arrive at the Ebay resolution center, because the seller is delisted, and they will answer you.

Edited by Anthony5

Always paying for a specific item with a credit card transaction via paypal aids claims, since it can be sorted with a CC chargeback if PayPal don't resolve it themselves.

Depending on CC provider, it may not apply if payment is for a multi item (or more accurately multi seller) purchase, or if it is a partial payment with the balance covered by other fund sources.

That said, I've found PayPal generally good at sorting things out - eventually, though I did once have to appeal and threaten to initiate a chargeback via CC. If the seller has disappeared, they almost certainly will not respond to the claim and by default you'll be refunded.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

The ask Ebay to step in only becomes available after you have sent the message to the seller and he hasn't answered within 3 or 4 days.

Same is the policy with Paypal, you first have to send the seller a message before you can escalate to a claim.

ebay sucks. Because the seller has de-registered there is NO option on their system to select 'let ebay step in and help' as it is suggested. I will try paypal

Should try to read and comprehend what has been posted here, but hey it's so much easier to complain. NOT.