Wiring money offshore bank account

Hi all

I have excess BHT in thailand - around 200k. Super Rich have confirmed I can exchange this into SGD at their main branch but i don't want to walk out of thailand with that much cash. How can I remit this to my offshore bank account? Who's if anyone will remit forex to an offshore account? I have a bank account in Thailand with SCB but they will only do it if it falls into one of 3 criteria which don't apply here.

Yes as your have discovered it not that easy to take the money out of Thailand. I book a ticket to Singapore (4000baht) you can take up to 20000 usd out of the country in cash and send it from there or open an account in Singapore if you been working in Thailand for over 2 years. Or just keep it in a interest bearing account you might get a little over 2% or a bit more if your lucky and use it when you need it here.

Yes as your have discovered it not that easy to take the money out of Thailand. I book a ticket to Singapore (4000baht) you can take up to 20000 usd out of the country in cash and send it from there or open an account in Singapore if you been working in Thailand for over 2 years. Or just keep it in a interest bearing account you might get a little over 2% or a bit more if your lucky and use it when you need it here.

Not correct read below. There is no problem as long as you report it. Takes about 5 mins.

The travelers bringing foreign currency more than USD 20,000 or its equivalent into or out of Thailand are required to make a report to Customs. This report is required by the “Ministerial Regulation (No. 25) B.E. 2530 issued under the Authority of the Currency Exchange Control Act B.E. 2485 and relevant regulations.

The Regulation and Notification require that the travelers bringing foreign currency into or out of Thailand, both a bank note and a coin, with the total aggregate value exceeding USD 20,000 or its equivalent, must report it to a Customs officer at a port/airport of entry or exit, using the given Foreign Currency Declaration Form. The travelers must complete, sign, and submit the Form to report their foreign currency where such currency are physically carried by a person arriving in or departing from Thailand, or where they form part of the person’s baggage and that person and his or her baggage are being carried on board the same conveyance across the border.

A person who reports currency has to answer truthfully any questions that a border services officer asks about the information required for the report.

Hope this helps