Warning issued to avoid crowded places in CM

MaeJoMTB

My misses has just had a document forwarded to her on her mobile.

All people are warned to avoid crowded areas of CM due to risk of bombings.

Specific places included,

Wororat Market, Wat Doi Suthep, Nimmanhamen Road, all shopping Malls.

Source of warning allegedly Thai Army.

Explained this to my wife who also had a similar Facebook post (though not attributed clearly), she is still unwilling to accept that I should seek sanctuary in the safety and security of Loi Kroh.

There was a sizeable police and (more) army contingent last night around Thapae (much more than usual) but all in all there was bugger all people about anyway. I know its early in the week but twas a ghost town last night.

As a side, a pre pubescent army soldier that from his decorations may have miraculously been in every military campaign since Hannibal crossed the Alps did drop in at the bar I was in at the moat end to inform owner/manager of a meeting tomorrow to discuss the 300 metre (minimum) from school issue. If it goes ahead there will be more than a few bars closed moat end and in Loi Kroh and Moon Maung, some heavy rent losses, and I would have thought a few hundred out of work (and that's before they look at NImman and other places where there are actual university and technical students drinking).

The pre-enforcement seems to be having the desired effect.......I did not see one Thai underage technical school student drinking in Loi Kroh.

Anyhow keep safe out there peoples

Edited by mamborobert

"Source of warning allegedly Thai Army", for the love of dear god, does the Thai army now post distribute their warnings via Facebook or similar! MJ, based on what you've written you just fell a whole raft of notches in my book. Sad.

Have a look where the Police are concerned there may be issues

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/topic/5869-ตำรวจเชียงใหม่เข้มสถานที่สำ/

What can be said, now everyone is getting in on the act and issuing their own warnings, the paranoia and uncertainty that surrounds the Bangkok bomb is causing a massive knee jerk and bringing all the loons out of the woodwork, sadly there is precious little command and control to manage these things.

Perhaps best to relax a little, watch and wait and ignore the hype.

No disrespect intended, but without a verfiable and reliable source, this has to be considered as "gossip"

If someone can produce verifiable and accurate source then by all means this can be reopened by the News Team if appropriate.

CLOSED.