Thai wife traveling from U.S. to Thailand with U.S. minor child

My wife is headed back to Thailand next month to visit her folks for a few months with our 3-yr old daughter. Baby Burrito was born here in the US, not there, and the Thailand embassy here wasn't keen on giving her a Thai passport on their annual visit to Dallas. As such, she will travel over there on her US passport.

We can get her a tourist visa here of course, or she can simply get one on arrival, but in any event, she will overstay it, and I am wondering, since she is traveling with her mother, will she need one anyway? I am thinking we may be faced with an overstay fine?

It could be of course that she cab get the Thai citizenship part sorted while they are there as well, but if not, just wondering if anyone has any information on this subject.

Thanks in advance

dr. b

If the child travels on a US passport she will be subject to immigration law.

Without a visa she will be given a 30 day visa exempt entry. If it is possible to prove she is Thai she can obtain a one year extension of stay from an immigration office.

If the child overstays there will be no fine but she would have an overstay stamp paced in the passport.

You are in a better position to know how the US immigration my react to an overstay stamp than me.

You could get the child a double entry tourist visa which would give almost 6 months in Thailand with only one visa run to a nearby border needed.

As long as your child has a Thai birth certificate it should of been easy to get their passport. When applying for the birth certificate they allow an application for a passport at the same time.

As said you child will get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for one year based upon being a returning Thai national at an immigration office.

While here you should get you daughter registered in a house book and get her Thai passport while here.