Re-Newel retirement visa

Doing my 90 day report the other day, brings me up to 30th October...... my extension is to 28th December, I asked the officer, said no problem to renew my yearly extension on 30th October..... up to me, can also do another report if I want to do the extension in December.

Last year was 6 weeks before

• 3 weeks later...

Badrabbit. Not splitting hairs but your not re newing your visa. You had a non imm o based on retirement some time ago. What your doing every 12 months now is applying for an extension of stay. Only mention this, not to be pedantic, but if your chatting with mates you can give them advice.

Good luck with your extension.

You can apply for your new extension of stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa) up to 30 days early or 45 at some offices.

In respect of Chiang Mai is it 30 or 45 days. I would appreciate the information because I am leaving the country on 16 January 2016 and returning 2 February 2016 and my retirement date is 1 February 2016. I understand Chiang Mai currently has a problem with retirement i.e very long waits and no queue system and I am concerned that if I cannot try to obtain the extension before 4 January 2016 - 1 Jan is a holiday and 2/3 Jan weekend - that I might run it very close. If however Chiang Mai will allow me to start 45 days before due date it will give that little bit of extra time.

Many thanks in advance.