I want to buy Digital TV set with antenna, any advises?

yimlitnoy

I have enough to pay 17,000 Baht every year for True Vision, I did so for 20 years.

Can anyone tell me what digital TV box system is most recommended. I thought of Samart but it is impossible to find a Samart digital receiver box in Silom in Bangkok.

How many channels can I expect with a digital box? I live in an apartment building and a huge antenna will not be allowed. I was recommanded the TRUE-2 box at Homepro.

If you live in an apartment building do they not provide access to C-band antenna pointed at Thaicom 5/6? With that all you need is the box from GMM or PSI or CTH or even TRUE to get access to several hundread channels free and access to pay options if you want them.

The IPM looks good if they provide with Al Jazeera and the basic Thai channels 3-5-7-TNN-TPBS-NATION. Where can I buy? Is it better to visit Pantip Plaza and search from there? If I buy the Samart internal antenna,D1A, will it be sufficient for most channel on Sathorn road? Do you know of any shop in BKK that will have all the different brands of digital box?

OP seems to just want a digital tuner for his TV (must be older analog model) that will be able to receive normal Thai digital channels - do not believe any of them are in English but have never checked. For that all that is required is the various no name box sold by Lotus/Big C and others in exchange for government coupon or cash (believe all under 1,000 baht) and small indoor antenna to attach to it.

I would ask apartment if they offer attachment to a C-band antenna as then a lot more stations available for one time cost of STB and options for lower cost pay service if wanted in future.

Archived